Chapter Forty Nine: You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone

Start from the beginning

"Aries?"

"Huh?" she over at Leo.

"You're not eating."

She used her fork to flatten down the mash then put it down. "I'm not that hungry."

On the other end of the table, Remus and Tonks were laughing at a joke Andromeda had told them. Moody, Kingsley and Angelika had also stayed for dinner. 

The only other person that wasn't talking was Sirius, he was glaring at Aries, when he realised she had noticed him he got up from his seat taking his glass with him. Remus gave her an odd look to which she returned with a shrug. She decided to follow him out to the living room.

"You all right?" Aries asked.

Sirius kept his back to her, leaning over the fireplace. "You should have realised."

"Huh?"

"How could you not know?"

"What?" Aries furrowed her eyebrows.

"About Peter?" he spat, turning to face her, a snarl was spread on his face. "How is it you were always with him and you never fucking found out he was a deatheater."

A lump formed in her throat as she shook her head. "I- I wasn't-"

"Did you cover for him?"

"What?"

"Surely you did." he said, walking towards her. "That's why you're still wearing that stupid necklace he gave you!"

"Sirius, please. Stop it." her eyes began to tear up.

"You should have been there. You should have helped us. But no, you wanted to go to that stupid univesity!"

Aries flinched as he shouted at her.

"You let this happen, Aries. You let Peter get away with everything because you are selfish!" He pushed her against the wall, a mixture of firewhiskey and cigarettes lingered in front of him.

"Sirius!" Remus shouted, he ran in pulling Sirius away from her.

"You let them all die!"

Aries wiped her eyes. "No, I didn't. You should have known! You were with him more than me. You swapped places with him and you made him the secret keeper. Not me, you don't get to blame me."

She left without another word, running up to her bedroom beginning to pack her things.

"Aries, he's drunk. He didn't mean it. He's been stuck in this house for months." Remus said, he'd followed her upstairs. "Don't leave."

She shook her head. "I don't care if he's drunk Remus. He still said it, which means he meant it. I knew he still blamed me and now I know it's true."

Leo walked into the room.

"Aries-" Remus tried again.

"Don't defend him. I'm going home. I've been here nearly a year, I've stayed with him long enough and I can't do it anymore. You know this isn't the first time he's said something, a few passing comments here and there but this is different." she said, shoving everything into her bags.

Remus didn't stop her as she left followed by Leo.

"Oh there you go, running away as usual." Sirius taunted as she walked downstairs he had to lean on the bannister to not fall over. "Doing what you do best."

She stared at him for a moment, she felt sorry, and angry, and hurt. She said nothing to him. She knew if she did she would regret it, and it's not like he'd remember anything in the morning. She turned on her heel and left the house.

In the car she cried the majority way home. She didn't talk to Leo when they got home, she went up to their room and straight to bed, she would deal with unpacking in the morning. Right now she just wanted to sleep.

☽☆☾

The next two days Aries had received a surge of letters from Sirius, Remus must have told him what happened and what he'd said, but Aries refused to open them. She didn't want to read a half-arsed apology.

On the third day there were no letters.

He must had given up asking for forgiveness. Instead there was a knock at the door. Leo had gone to answer it, greeting the person that had decided to visit.

Aries put the kettle on when she heard two voices in the hallway, Leo walked in the kitchen followed by Remus, who had his head down.

"Did Sirius send you? I'm not talking to him for at least a week." she said, shaking her head.

Remus didn't answer, she looked back at him, noticing his eyes were red and puffy. He didn't have his usual small smile he always had.

"Remus?"

"There was an incident... at the ministry." he spoke, with a noticeable lump in his throat.

"How'd you mean-"

A tapping on the window disturbed them, an owl pecked it, she saw that it was holding a matt black letter, with silver foiling.

Her heart dropped as she looked back at Remus, shaking her head. "He's not supposed to leave the house, Remus, he's not supposed to leave."

"I'm so sorry, Aries."

☽☆☾

"I hope it doesn't hurt." Sirius told his younger sister. "I hope it's like falling asleep." 

"What, dying?"

He nodded. "I've suffered enough pain in this life for death to be the same."

________________

Please don't hate me 😭😭😭

Also yes, I did plan and make sure I would be posting Sirius' death on his death day just to make it hurt a lil more 💔

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed (or didn't)