You heard a knock on the door again, and got up, hurrying over to it, opening it.

Karl, Saoirse, Charlie, and Billy were there, with Jenica.

"Just came to drop these four off," Jenica said before the kids pushed past you and entered your apartment.

"The wife and I will be off then," Trevor said, making you spin back around to see him rinsing his and Tatiana's cups.

Tatiana came over and embraced you, saying see you later. Trevor told the kids that he would be going, but the kids barely even looked at him. He and Tatiana left your apartment, shutting the door behind them. They would be staying at Jenica's for the weekend, just in case anything happens to the kids.

You went and stood by the open living room window, looking out of it and breathing in the fresh air. Finn noticed the bothered look on your face and came over.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked quietly, making you turn and face him.

"It's just sort of — stifled in here. We've only a small apartment, Finn. And — what if the kids don't like me?" You said, lowering your voice at the last part.

Finn chuckled, making you frown.

"(Y/N), they'll love you. They'd be mad not to." He reassured, and Sophie reached out towards you, wanting to be held by you.

You grabbed the baby, and she clapped her hands in glee, then leaned up and gave you a kiss on the cheek, making you giggle.

"See? One down, five to go." Finn said, putting a hand on your upper arm and leaning down and placing a kiss on your forehead, then rubbing your arm comfortingly.

"(Y/N)! Mary and Katie want to know if you'll braid their hair!" Saoirse called out, "And I want you to do mine too!"

You looked over at the girls, who quickly looked away.

"Of course I'll braid your hair, do you girls have brushes?" You replied, going and sitting down on the couch.

"Katie packed them," Mary said, making Katie look at her funny.

"No, you said you were because I was finding Sophie's shoes!" Katie pointed out, making Mary frown, but nod.

"No worry, we'll buy a brush later for you two if you wish it," You said, waving your hand in a 'don't worry about it' motion, "Sersh, go and get my brush, comb, hair tied, and ribbons off of my vanity please."

Your sister nodded, running down the hall.

"Have you lot had lunch yet?" You asked Katie, who shook her head.

"Well, after I do your hair, how about we go and have a picnic at the park?" You suggested, and the children cheered.

"Can we bake cakes and take them with us?" John Junior questioned, momentarily looking away from his new toy horse.

"Of course we can, let's go pick some cake mixes." Finn answered, picking the boy up and carrying him to the kitchen.

Saoirse came back with everything you asked for, and placed them next to your feet.

"Me first!" Katie shouted, sitting on the floor between your legs.

"My hair's a bit knotty," She added as an afterthought, "I had my hair down and it was windy."

As you gently undid her bun, you could see that her hair, was, in fact, very knotty. You grabbed your brush and started at the very ends of her hair, grabbing her hair at the nape of her neck to make sure you dragging the brush through her hair wouldn't pull her head back too much. You slowly worked your way up, making sure to not hurt her scalp as you finished detangling her hair, then parted it down the middle.

"Do you want a normal braid or a reverse braid?" You questioned, and she shrugged.

"I'll give you reverse braids; grab the jar and pick out ribbons for me to tie your hair with at the end." You instructed softly as you used the rat tail comb to help section her hair.

Finn watched you as you did the three girls' hair with patient, feather soft touches, and felt his heart flutter. He felt lucky to have you, with all of your kindness and patience, as his wife.

•••

You now sat in the park, watching the older children run around. Soon you would all be going down to the netball courts so you could play netball. The kids were keen to see you play. Colin loved netball, apparently. Katie had just finished painting your nails, they were now covered in black polish. Billy and Sophie were sat on the blanket with you and Finn, playing with their toys. Charlie and John Junior were on the edge of the blanket, petting a very content Finn Junior. Sophie was dressed in her pretty pink sweater that you had knitted for it, the pink complimenting her brown hair and light brown eyes. You were leaned back on your palms, and Finn was laid down with his head on your thigh.

You felt good. Today had been a good day. You watched Finn's nephews and nieces, along with your sister, as they kicked Karl's soccer ball around. The sun was out, but it wasn't overly hot. Just warm. Nice. You tilted your head skywards, closing your eyes so you weren't momentarily blinded by the sun, feeling the warmth hitting  your face. It felt good. You listened to the sound of the kids running around, the babies babbling to each other, the boys petting your purring cat, your husband's soft humming, and smiled. A very good day indeed. You felt content, and this contentment was one of the ones that you felt right down in your soul.

"(Y/N)?" You heard a voice that you identified as Lockie's, making you open your eyes and look at the boy who was stood before you.

"Yes, my dear?" You replied, watching as he shifted from foot to foot.

He looked back over to the other children, who had momentarily stopped their game to watch him.

"Go on then!" Colin encouraged his brother, making you feel slightly confused.

Locking looked back at you, and stopped shifting from foot to foot, now fiddling with the hem of his sweater, "Erm, can me and the others call you Aunty (Y/N)?"

You looked down at Finn, who nodded, then looked back at the nervous boy before you.

"You and the others can call me whatever you're comfortable with. (Y/N), (N/N), Aunty (Y/N), Aunty (N/N), Bee, Aunty Bee — As long as you don't feel forced to say it," You informed him gently.

He gave you a big grin, and you noticed a tooth missing from the bottom row. You were taken by surprise when he suddenly leaned down and hugged you, then ran back off to the others calling out 'She said yes!'

He checked his watch, then sat up, "Five minutes and we're going to watch (Y/N) play netball!"

Sophie came over and plopped herself down into your lap, followed by Billy. You cuddled the two and gave them kisses, feeling joyous.

Finn noticed your small smile as you looked back at the group. He was right. They did love you, but nowhere near as much as he did.

§§§

you guys aren't even ready for chapter thirty lmaooo a lot happens there

Love y'all ❤️

- Sunflower x