Believe

Justin’s POV

“So Justin, are you excited that all of your hard work has paid off and the world can hear your new album?” Ellen Degeneres asked while holding up Believe toward the cameras.

“Oh, definitely! I mean it’s great that people can hear what I have been working on!” I responded with the biggest smile on my face.

“Seriously though, I’ve known you for what, 3 years now? And you have grown so much!” she gushed.

“I know, it’s crazy. I have just learned a lot about myself and the world and I want that to reflect in my music.” I answered honestly.

“Well, I think you have done a great job. Truly, you are a great person and a great role model.” Ellen said.

“Thank you, that means a lot!” I said as the crowd cheered to show that they agreed with Ellen.

“Now, ok,” Ellen said, trying to calm the crowd down. “I can’t let you leave here without asking you some questions that every teenage girl wants to know.” Ellen said, giving me a look.

“Oh boy, I think I know where this is going.” I said, leaning back in my chair and covering my face jokingly.

“So you have a girlfriend now?” Ellen asked, getting straight to the point.

“Why do you have to embarrass me every time?” I asked, laughing at the awkwardness.

“I just want to know what’s going on! All of America wants to know!” Ellen said, defending herself. Pictures of Blake and me at various events and some paparazzi shots flashed across the big screen behind us.

“Oh boy.” I said, looking at the pictures. I instantly smiled at them and my blushed cheeks only got rosier with each picture.

“Seriously though, you two are a very attractive couple!” Ellen said as the picture’s finished.

“Oh, well thank you, I think it’s mostly her, but thanks.” I said, trying to hide my embarrassment.

“So ya’ll are a couple?” Ellen asked, gaining a laugh from the audience at the upfrontness of her question.

“You know what, I am very lucky to have Blake in my life. Let’s leave it at that.” I said with a huge smile. I didn’t need to confirm our relationship, because everyone already knew. Scooter also told me to never confirm anything. He says it’s better that way.

“So, you all are in love and that’s great.” Ellen said quickly and abruptly. I rolled my eyes at her and laughed. “Believe is in stores nationwide today.” Ellen said, looking directly into a camera and holding up my album once again. “Justin, thank you so much for coming on the show, it is always great to have you!” she said, looking right at me.

“Aw, thank you Ellen!” I said while the audience clapped. I stood up and gave Ellen a big hug.

“And, we’re out!” A cameraman said from behind a camera.

“Seriously, thanks for coming on the show Justin!” Ellen said before walking off towards her dressing room.

“Good job kid!” Scooter said as he walked on stage. He always sits in the front row of all of my interviews.

“Thanks! Are we ready to go?” I asked.

“Yeah, we just have to go get everyone from your dressing room.” He said while leading me back to where my dressing room was. I followed behind him and entered the room.

My mom was sitting on one of the couches, reading a magazine of some sort. Kenny was sitting on another couch with a bowl of Sour Patch Kids. Blake was lying across a chair, so her legs were hanging off of one of the legs. She was focused on Kenny and had her mouth open. Kenny grabbed a Sour Patch Kid and softly threw it across the room. Blake moved her head so that she caught it perfectly in her open mouth.