Daddy Dearest: Part II

Blake’s POV

“Are you sure it’s covered?” I asked Vanessa, who had her makeup brush on my cheek. She was covering and coating basically every part of my body with foundation, concealer, and powder so that any of my remaining bruises would be hidden. A request of Scooter’s, he didn’t want the press to know that I have a psyco ex-boyfriend. I can’t blame him for not wanting people to know.

Vanessa was just finishing my face makeup. She concentrated on my lip for a while, trying to cover up the bruise and cut that hadn’t quite healed yet. We had about 5 minutes before Scooter would be here for Justin and me to take us to the Vanity Fair event. Justin was going to give a speech about Pencils of Promise and accept an award for his charity work. I had to go so that the world knew that Blake Auburn was just in the hospital for a checkup. If only they knew the real reason.

Brian is still in jail. The police had enough evidence that a judge sentenced him to at least 10 years in federal prison for rape, kidnap, and attempted murder. I didn’t even have to testify, not that I could if I tried. I might have a panic attack if I ever see him again.

Justin has had to work for the previous few days and I can’t go with him because I needed to heal as much as I could for this event. I get bored, but I survived. Especially because I had doctors, Pattie, Scooter, Kenny, even Ryan and Chaz checking up on me when Justin couldn’t.

“Done.” Vanessa announced, breaking me from my thoughts. I nodded and got out of my chair to change into my dress and stuff. I heard Scooter yell through the house that he was here as I closed the bathroom door. Justin yelled something back, but I didn’t understand it. I was too busy zipping my dress and putting my bracelets on. When I was fully dressed, I walked rather quickly out to my bed and slipped on my heels. I grabbed my clutch and the lip gloss that Vanessa handed me so I could reapply throughout the night. I ran out and down the stairs while shouting a thank you to Vanessa. I saw Scooter by the door, holding it open. Justin must have been in the car already since I didn’t see him.

“Hey Scooter!” I said before walking towards the door to get to the car.

“Wait!” he said before I got out of the house. I turned around and he was pulling something out of his suit jacket. He handed me an envelope. “It’s your paycheck.” He told me before motioning me to continue walking. I nodded and turned on my heels to continue towards the black SUV that was sitting in the driveway.

I felt dirty and ashamed. I was carrying a pay check that I got because I was dating Justin Bieber, only so his reputation would improve. I knew that it was weird and twisted, especially because I would consider us to be actually dating. As in we wanted to date, not just because we have to. I mean, we sleep in the same bed, kiss when we don’t have to, and say that we love each other. To me, that’s pretty much dating.

“Hey Blake!” Kenny said from the driver’s seat when I opened the back door. Justin was playing with his phone but looked up when Kenny spoke.

“Hey.” I said, to Kenny and Justin. I slipped into the seat, by Justin and Scooter got into the passenger seat seconds after. When we were all in, Kenny backed up out of the driveway. Justin grabbed my free hand and rubbed his thumb over my knuckles. I gave him a small smile before turning away to shove the envelope into my clutch and looking out of the window. I wonder what he would think about me getting paid to date him.

We continued to drive in silence until we arrived at the venue. Kenny got out, followed by Scooter, and gave the car keys to the valet. He then walked around to Justin’s side to open the door. Justin slipped out and the camera’s seemed to light up when they realized who was here. Justin held out his hand for me and I took it to get out of the car. He kissed my cheek before turning around to lead us towards the red carpet.