Don't Be Scared, Ms. Blake Auburn

Blake’s POV

 “Could you please hurry up? If you didn’t already know, I am the star on this shoot and I would suggest you hurry up with this mindless task so you don’t get fired from you minimum wage job.” Justin snapped at the short redhead who was putting on his leather jacket. She started to roll her eyes but quickly stopped considering Justin was still there and could have easily seen her and yelled some more.

From my position on the makeup chair and Carin’s position by the clothes rack, we had both witnessed the agitated Justin yell at the poor intern. We looked at each other quickly before turning away to go back to our previous activities, me mindlessly reading some gossip magazine and Carin reorganizing clothes.

“Hey ladies, I have your coffee!” Pattie announced when she walked into the room we were currently in. She set down her bag on one of the plush couches and distributed the Starbucks to Carin, the wardrobe intern, and me. Justin was finally finished getting dressed for this portion of the photo shoot and needed to fix his hair.

“Blake, you are in my way. MOVE!” he said while trying to flick his hair to perfection in the mirror. I picked myself up off of the chair and walked over to the arm of the couch that Pattie was sitting on. We looked at each other with a knowing look. Carin also returned our gazes. We all knew something was up, but only Pattie and I knew the real reason.

“Would you stop touching me?” Justin shot at the intern who was trying to gel his hair into place.

“Justin!” Pattie scolded from the couch. Justin merely shot her a death glare before stomping out of the room, followed by the redhead.

“Wow, he hasn’t been this bad since Selena.” Carin said when we were sure that he was out of ear shot. Pattie and I just looked at the ground and nodded in agreement.

“Totally.” I muttered.

“Is there something you two aren’t telling me? Why is Justin like this?” Carin begged. She put down the shirt she was buttoning and walked over to the couch to sit next to Pattie. She was practically jumping out of her seat to know.

“I might have yelled at Justin yesterday morning about him being a jerk.” I said quickly and quietly. Carin had to think about what I said but when she finally understood, her face lit up like fireworks and her jaw dropped.

“No way!” she said.

“He was being a jerk?” I questioned. I wasn’t sure if she was happy about this or mad.

“Finally! Maybe he will actually listen to you! I mean, we have all tried, believe me.” Carin said, her voice dripping with excitement.

“That’s why he’s so angry and grumpy.” Pattie noted. I shrugged and took a sip of my coffee. Could me yelling at him really have changed his attitude that much? If everyone else has already tried, why am I different?

“Why does it have to be my fault?” I asked, the questions running through my head finally became words.

“He is only like this when he knows the person is right!” Carin said, answering my question perfectly.

“Little warning, don’t mess with him when he is like this!” Pattie warned.

“Like what?” I asked.

“Furious. The last time he was this mad was after the Selena fiasco.” Pattie said.

“Don’t remind me!” Carin chuckled while rolling her eyes.

“Why won’t anyone tell me what happened with him and Selena?” I asked, slightly annoyed that I didn’t know what was going on.

“They started dating for press. But Justin started to really fall for her. Their whole relationship turned real until Selena broke up with him.” Carin began to explain.