Haters Make Me Famous

Blake’s POV

 “You should have seen your face! You were all like ‘AHH’ and I was like ‘SCORE’!” Justin laughed in my face. He had been laughing and ‘explaining’ the twitter hate to Scooter for the past 10 minutes. I sat silently in a chair, playing with the buttons on my coat, while Scooter typed away on his computer, not even paying attention to Justin.

“That’s great Justin!” Scooter said simply, still staring at his computer screen.

“Are you even listening to what I’m saying?” he asked harshly.

“Honestly, no. You do realize that I have a twitter and I do have access to the internet. I have already read all about you two!” Scooter replied before his phone buzzed on his desk. His eyes shot up from his screen and he checked who was calling him. “I have to take this.” He said before standing up and quickly walking out of the room.

“You know that you deserve it all.” Justin said after a moment of silence.

“Can I ask you a question?” I asked, trying to ignore the sting of his question.

“Ask away.” He responded while leaning back in his chair.

“Why don’t you like me?” I asked seriously. I turned to look at him in the eyes. He hesitated for a few seconds. He just stared right back at me, looking into my eyes.

Finally, he spoke up. “You mean nothing to me.” he said, his eyes never leaving mine.

“Bull shit.” I murmured.

“Excuse me?” he asked.

“You heard me.” I responded confidently. “It’s bull shit.”

“Right.” he said before rolling his eyes.

“I am right. If I meant nothing to you, you wouldn’t be wasting your time trying to show me how much you hate me. For some reason, unknown to me, you’re trying to prove that you don’t like me.” I said. This caused him to remove his eyes from mine and look towards the ground.

“I think you’re stupid to think that.” He mumbled.

“Think whatever you want, I don’t care anymore.” I said before leaning back in my chair and folding my arms across my chest. I noticed Justin’s eyes on me, but I wouldn’t allow myself to look at him.

If I looked, he would see the hurt in my eyes. It hurt to hear him say I meant nothing to him. I didn’t know if it was because he was the one saying it or not, but it hurt and I wouldn’t give him that satisfaction.

“Good news! Justin was invited to a party tonight and it’s a perfect night for you two to go out together again!” Scooter announced when he walked back into the office. I felt Justin’s eyes leave me and turn to Scooter.

“Great. What is it for?” he asked, sounding incredibly upset. I didn’t know why, he hated me.

“Some music producer’s party.” Scooter replied.

“Great.” I added, finally speaking up. I put on a fake smile for Scooter and pretended that I wasn’t confused about my feelings for Justin. This was business. I was getting paid for this.

It. Meant. Nothing.

It. Meant. Nothing.

It. Meant. Nothing.

For some reason, no matter how many times I repeated this to myself, my heart started beating faster and I got a funny feeling in my stomach, like butterflies where flying through it. My brain was telling me no while my heart was telling me yes. My heart was telling me that for some reason, I liked Justin. I liked his jerky attitude. I liked how cocky he was and how much the fame had gotten to his head. I liked his manipulative spirit around everyone. I liked how his hair was always perfect. I liked the half smile he did whenever he didn’t know what to say or was speechless. His eyes, which I could get lost in for days. The way he always looked good. The way he stared at me, in almost a loving way.