Chapter 44: Tellus Hisce, Vel Istam, Quae Facit Ut Laedar, Mutando Perde Figuram

T/W: Mentions of blood

Right after the door closes, you try to think straight (which you're not). There is no way to escape with this metal around your arm, which is most likely why Wilbur put it there. You can't just pull it out, nor is there any keyhole to mess with. And you bet that it doesn't even work with technology either, so what the fuck are you supposed to do now?

Your eyes fly to the table, where the jar with illness is standing and your bag is lying. Surely, you have something between your genius inventions that can help you with your plan? A plan which does not exists yet, by the way. Going to stand as close to the table as you possibly can with your right arm basically glued to the wall, you balance on one leg and raise your other, being unable to properly even touch the bag on the table. You're not going to manage to get this far by just constantly stretching your leg like this. You stand on both your legs again, your arm starting to feel tingly. You inhale and exhale sharply, closing your eyes and trying to calm down the panic that's been trying to consume you all this time.

When you finally feel a little better, you don't think about it twice. You put your one foot on the ground and swing your other through the air, a kick against your bag and the jar, thankfully not hitting the table. The edge of the metal around your arm hurts your skin, but at least you did what you wanted. The jar falls on the ground. The glass breaks. As the fluid spreads over the ground, the horrible smell enters your nostrils and you start coughing. Thankfully, you get used to the scent quickly, although you still feel as if you can't breathe.

Your bag falls into the liquid, although it thankfully only gets a little wet. Grabbing the back and take it with your left hand – the only part of your body, other than your neck, throat and face, that is not covered by some piece of clothing – your skin gets into contact with the substance, but at this moment, you don't give a fuck about that at all. That's a problem for future Y/N.

You open the bag and first try to clean up the illness substance on it, putting the bag against your chest and holding it there with your chin. After you're done cleaning it with some cloths, which is all you can really do, you put your hand in the bag again and grab two objects. One of them, is a simple laser weapon. A foil made to cut through a small number of materials with ease, specifically bodies.

This weapon is one that you once made in case a zombie apocalypse would start. It's not because you actually believed that would ever happen, but you thought it were cool nevertheless. The thought was that a weapon that can cut humans up with no problem, is a dangerous weapon for zombies. And even if they were to use armour, they'd still be slowed down, making it even easier to attack them, as long as you knew where the body was not protected.

The second object – which you put between your teeth after having activated the heat on the end – is almost identical to the robotic leg you showed Tommy last Friday, except this one is for the arm and actually not completely finished. While the robotic leg actually has a metal skin around it, the arm is merely the endoskeleton. You never gave it any weapons, due to lack of time as well (and honestly, lack of motivation). But it serves it purpose. And you need it now.

Only wanting to get out, and not having any patience to wait for miracles, you hold the laser foil in your free hand before holding your breath and closing your eyes, a heavy pain going through your right shoulder. Unable to suppress the pure agony, you scream like you've never screamed before. Right after this, you drop the fencing weapon and take the arm out of your mouth, putting the warmed up object against the bleeding wound where once was your arm. Again, you scream, the horrible pain overtaking your vision for a moment as you drop on your knees, quite some blood having fallen down on the ground and your clothes already. For a moment, you sit there, panting and trying to see clearly. Your hold your hand against the metal before pressing the last button so that the endoskeleton comes out. The arm, now properly attached to your shoulder after you gave it a little time to do its work, seems to work just fine, moving like any muscle would.