Chapter 11: Hfnnzirvh <3

"And this is Shroud!" Tommy says with a bright smile as he opens the door to a big room with one huge spiderweb in the middle. However, no spider could be found. Tommy turns on a light and you quickly find the human-sized spider hiding behind the web. When the spider hears its name, it crawls out of its hiding place, towards Tommy. Tommy cheers a little and you laugh at his reaction, as he squats down and pets his pet.

"Didn't know spiders could be this big," you chuckle, surprised by how tame the animal was. "Did you experiment on it or find it this way?"

"I'm pretty sure it accidentally got mutated because of my carelessness," Tommy confirms as he stands up right. "He was at a place where he shouldn't have been and BOOM he started growing like crazy."

"He's quite adorable. Any reason you don't let him out?"

"He tends to eat people. Or other animals. Wilbur didn't like him very much, so I decided to give him his own little room! He can always come to my bedroom if he wants to, but he prefers to stay here and do art." You have no idea what Tommy means with 'art', but honestly, you're not going to ask either. "Oh! And last but not least," he closes the door to Shroud's room and brings you to another, more to the centre of the building, "here's my favourite room in the building!" Once he opens the door, your heart stops beating. Holy fucking shit. It's almost as if this simple door leads to a whole other world. There are some hills and flowers and grass and a beautiful blue sky, in which clouds are forming all kinds of figures. In the distance, you see a fascinating oak tree standing on a higher hill. Tommy starts shouting his pig's name as you simply walk towards the tree, already curious what is so special about it. When Tommy recognizes your curiosity, he laughs. "Here we have the L'Mantree!"

"What the fuck?" is your first response and Tommy's smile grows even more.

"I know right! L'Mantree will always be a place of peace for me." When you don't respond, he continues. "What used to be my home, was destroyed in an explosion. We used to have a tree exactly like this one growing in our backyard. So, I guess when I saw this, I just wanted it to stay this way. Wilbur wanted to cut it down as well, but I convinced him and told him that we should just make this place into some kind of a simulation, if that makes sense. I mean, we can control the weather in here!"

"Really impressive, Toms," you compliment with a chuckle. "So, I suppose that you're in charge of any experiments here as well?"

"I don't do any experiments here, but yeah, I suppose I am." He doesn't look happy saying those words.

"Are you okay, Toms?"

"I don't know." He stares up at the L'Mantree and lets out a sigh, before walking towards it and sitting down. "I don't know." You sit down next to him and quickly hear the sounds of a pig approaching you. The pig gets in Tommy's face and smells him, causing Tommy to laugh a little. You watch silently, smiling faintly to yourself.

"You don't want this, do you?" The one question startles him, yet he doesn't seem to protest against talking about it.

"I like science. I like discovering things. I like researching things. But no, I don't want this. I don't know what that 'this' is, but I know that I don't want it. I don't know. I guess I just follow Wilbur around since he seems to have everything under control and he knows what the fuck to do with his life, but I'm just not sure what I'm doing here. I'm a child. Have always been. Yet, I've just been working and doing stuff that I don't feel like I should be doing at any age. Have you ever had to dissect a corpse, Y/N? Because I've done that multiple times, ever since I was, what, fourteen?" Tommy makes himself a bit smaller and Wiggles lies down next to him. "I just wish that Tubbo and I could be children, you know? I mean, I'm seventeen now. I'm almost an adult. But I don't feel like I've ever been a child. Tubbo and I both deserve a normal childhood, do we not?"