Chapter 24: Qzivw ^^

"There's no way he doesn't like you."

"Excuse me?"

Jared's comment certainly caught you off-guard as he's reading a story on his phone. At first, you'd like to think that he's talking about the characters. Or maybe he's talking to himself? But no, he's talking to you.

"Sapnap. There's no way he doesn't like you. Nobody would come to the Manseum three days in a row unless they A) work here, B) come here for someone else – which he doesn't seem to do or C) have to be here because they work under Schlatt. So he has to be in love with you." Karl is visible on the camera as he's putting one of the new items he brought with him today in the right place.

"First of all: shut the fuck up. Second of all: don't you dare telling Karl this insane theory of yours, he already hates me enough. Third of all: I really hope you're wrong."

Jared laughs, scrolling. "Why not? He's a hottie."

"Stop simping, Jared," you chuckle, trying to focus on the cameras. "I don't come to work every day to hear you calling every guy you see a hottie." Jared simply laughs and you're uncertain of what to say after this. Three days in a row you've gone to work and been there for the majority of your time. Sure, you still have daily calls with Quackity and you and Tommy can chat for hours on the phone. Dream also messages you every day on your other phone, but you only respond after getting home, aware of the weird feeling you get when talking to him. It's probably your anxiety for the upcoming Saturday.

God, I hope I'm going to die before that happens.

Before Jared can react to your words, your phone goes off. You're getting called. When you grab the phone, you see Wilbur's name appearing on the screen. Oh right. You've also been messaging him from time to time. Every day he asks you if you're coming over. Every day, you give him some kind of a weak excuse of how the snow is tampering with your shit and you have to take care of it. Maybe you should just tell him you have a job now? It might shut him up. If he's not calling you constantly, after all, he's spamming you, asking you where you are and when you're going to respond and all of that.

And no, not spamming like Tommy spams you. Tommy will just write an entire essay to you about how his day was, or about this new idea he came up with: messages that are fun to read. Messages that don't make you feel like you have to respond. Well, yeah, he sends those too, but only in the morning. Messages that just say "talk to me bitch" or shit like that. And when you say you can't, he respects it. Hell, Tommy's even already met Jared last Monday, making you discover that he calls literally any stranger 'woman' the first time they met, including Jared. No, Tommy's spamming is the kind of spamming you look forward to reading after work.

Wilbur's spamming? Not so much.

Maybe it's because of the memory of Sally's bruises that you've started to continuously repeat inside of your mind involuntary. The thought that maybe Sally tried to hide from everyone for a reason that you might just slowly be falling victim to as well. That, and the fact that he's acting clingy. No, not clingy, that's not the right word. Honestly, you don't know what the right word is, but you do know that it makes you feel uncomfortable. It's like a fly that's in your room but you don't want it to be here and it constantly buzzes in your ear, but you can't chase it away since it seems to constantly come back. Meanwhile, Tommy's clinginess is more like a cat wanting attention. It's the kind of clinginess that can get annoying, but it's adorable nevertheless.

Wilbur's need for your attention is just exhausting.

Every ten minutes you get a message from him, and when you don't respond, he'll send you like ten messages in an hour, asking for you to respond. It's so goddamn annoying, even more annoying than when Dream sends you 'good morning' six times a day. Why? Because at least Dream's not on the phone you take with you every day.