Chapter 8: R xzm'g yvorvev R uvoo uli blf ^^

"What about we make an appointment for a next visit, Y/N?" the doctor, whom Eret brought you to, asks with a faint smile on his face. As much as you dislike doctors, you have to admit that this one is quite comforting, if anything. And the fact that he has no arm is quite hilarious as well, considering he's a doctor. "Tomorrow is good for me, I'm sure I can make some time for you then. That's also when I'll have the diagnosis and when I can prescribe you some medication, in case this is necessary. Do you have time tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I have nothing to do tomorrow. What time?"

"Ten o'clock. Until that time, make sure I'll be able to contact you at all times, even if it's just via text."

"Does this mean I have to skip sleep again?"

"No, not at all. Make sure you get at least eight hours of sleep tonight. I meant it more in a sense of 'don't just break your phone or something'. You know what? Never mind." Ponk stands up and so do you, as you shake hands as well. "Thank you for coming, by the way. It is always better to come even if you don't think it's that severe."

"And you get money for it," you chuckle. "Maybe you can buy some mechanical arm." Ponk sighs and shakes his head.

"Y/N, I don't care about the money. If I did, I would have just had to go to Eret and asked for some. Yet, this is the only time they're ever giving me money and that's for your appointment. Plus: I'm fine with just one arm. It's not handy, but it's better than nothing."

"Pun intended?" He just sighs again and walks to the door to open it for you.

"See you tomorrow, Y/N. Remember to take a good night rest. Take a notebook with you tomorrow to write some stuff down for the session then. Make sure to choose one that is empty."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll do, I'll do. Later, Ponk." You wave him goodbye before going into the waiting room, where Eret is talking to someone while awaiting your presence. Once he catches sight of you, he stands up.

"And? How did it go?"

"I had very low expectations to begin with, so I'm not disappointed. Why does he have no arm though? I kept getting distracted."

"Never ask someone why they miss a limb," the man that was talking to Eret before you marched in, speaks, as he also stands up. "And how short is your concentration span if that is the one thing distracting you? Surely, you've seen him before somewhere."

"My concentration span is non-existent, stranger. And no, I have not seen him before anywhere. Why? Should I have?"

"Ponk is one of the best doctors this city knows," Eret explains with a smile on his face. "He's been on the television a few times."

"Well, I don't watch TV all that much. Nor do I read the news. Most of the time it's about the same shit anyway." How the fuck do you know? It's not like you ever watch or read the news. The stranger lets out a sigh before looking at Eret.

"It was good speaking with you again, Eret. But if this is the person who was in need of a therapist, then I think that even Ponk can't save them anymore."

"And who the fuck are you to make such an assumption about me?" you snarl and the man locks eyes with you right away, narrowing them in the process.

"Sam Dude, founder of Pandora's Security Service." He holds out his hand for you to shake, but you don't do it.

"Don't insult me like that ever again, Mr. Dude. Besides, aren't you the guy who has installed the security at the Manifold Hotel? I heard some bad stories about you."

"You'll hear bad stories about everyone," he simply responds, crossing his arms. "I'm pretty certain that I've heard some bad stories about you as well."