Discussion

She was glad to finally see her brother. She felt a surge of joy and happiness flow in her. Truly, absence makes the heart grow fonder. She walked up to him and tapped him on his back. Immediately Nova saw her, he leaped for joy and jumped into her embrace. A smile crept into her lips with her brother's action. This is one of the things she has truly missed for how many days now. This was the welcome she had always received when she returned from school. One of the things she looked forward to receiving on her way back from school apart from her mother's home made cookies. Beautiful memories flowed through her head as she had mixed emotions just like he was doing now. A smile slowly crept to her face as she remembered her beautiful family. But her smile didn't last long as tears streamed down her cute face with a frown. Just how her beautiful family had ended in one and her life became a mess was what she couldn't understand. Now she understands why her friends had always said that Karma was a bitch cause it truly was. If it wasn't a bitch, she wouldn't be here with her parents murderers. If only she could see Karma right now. A hug from her little brother brought her out of her reverie. He tends to always read her emotion like right now that he was giving her a comforting hug and smile. She has really missed him. Ruth stood there smiling at the siblings. She once enjoyed a warm embrace from her older brother. Now looking at the siblings brought back memories. Diamond held him and tickled him. She couldn't help smile and admire his cuteness. He had their mother's smile. In fact, he was the striking resemblance of their mother. Diamond played with her energetic brother who never got tired. He was always bouncing round the house making her to chase him. Diamond got tired and carried him but he wouldn't let her stay at a place with him so she dropped him down and played with him using the toys. Finally little Nova got exhausted and slept off. Ruth took him from her and tucked him in his bed.
She really didn't notice that Ruth was still with them so she kinda reacted when Nova was taken from her hand. After tucking Nova in, Ruth glanced at her smiling but she was embarrassed to smile back at her. Instead she looked at her flip-flops as if it was the most interesting thing in the room at that moment. Ruth walked up to her and squeezed her shoulder making her look at her.  All of a sudden she realized she needed to talk to her. Ruth understood and took her outside. " How are you?" Ruth began by asking. Diamond nodded her head to indicate she was okay. " Well, as you know, I am Ruth, one of the nannies and I have been assigned your brother's care" she continued. Diamond had already figured that out by now. " Well, I am Diamond, Nova's elder sister, I'm sixteen and he's one" she introduced herself. Ruth asked her how they got here which she explained.

 " Well I came back from school" She started her sad story. " I returned from school to watch the death of my parents. My parents were killed by this same people. And now they are taking me hostage" Diamond summarized everything for Ruth.

By the time she was done, she looked up to see Ruth looking at her tenderly. She flashed her a smile.

" Now what's the next step?, Did they tell you anything? like why they didn't kill you and brought you along with them because usually a victim whose family sees them doesn't survive" Ruth said

" Why will they kill the family, they didn't see their face. They all put on mask." Diamond asked

" The remaining family can stand up against them in the future. They always leave a sign to show that they killed a victim so the police wouldn't waste their time investigating" Ruth answered. She has been with them for long and know all these things already.

"So, Did they give you any reason for letting you live?" Ruth asked again. She knew they weren't merciful enough to let this family live just that even with her seeing them.

" Well, they let me live because they needed me. I am now one of them. I'll soon be trained as an assassin. I will soon be killing for them" Diamond told her.

"What! why did you agree to it? No, I'm not letting them use you" Ruth said with determination. "Well, I already agreed, for the safety of my brother. Just let me do it. " She persuaded Ruth and she agreed. Not that, Ruth can even change Boss' mind. They talked for another half an hour before Diamond decided to leave. She then checked on her brother again.

 Thereafter she pleaded with Ruth to take care of her brother. She made Ruth promise not to let any harm befall her brother. Well, Ruth had already fallen for him so without been told, she was still going to protect him.  After giving Ruth a hug, she left for her room. She trusts Ruth because Ruth didn't look bad in her eyes.