"O-Okay." I don't really know what else to say.

"Speaking of safe..." Seven begins and steps away from me before sitting down on the couch. He retrieves a folded wad of papers from his back pocket and places them on the tiny coffee table.

"I need you to sign these." He finishes and I come to sit down next to him on the couch.

"Why? What are they?" I ask him and pick up the paper for me to inspect myself.

"They're the deeds to a house. Your house, to be exact." Seven answers as I read over the papers filled with real estate jargon.

"I'm sorry?" I don't think I heard him right. No, I definitely mustn't have heard that right.

"I got you a house, for you to go to. To be safe, while all this shit with Victor goes down." Seven discloses.

"You what?" He can't be serious. A fucking house?!

"It's yours, well you've still got to sign the papers but it's all paid for. And it will always be yours, no matter what ever happens with us." Seven gestures to the paper where I need to sign on the places marked with sticky notes with, "Sign here," printed on them.

This can't be real. A house? A whole arse house?! The car he got me was bad enough, now he thinks I can accept a fucking house?! It's too much, far too much. Houses cost a shit load of money. Some people spend their entire lives working and can't afford a house and Seven thinks I can accept a house bought on my behalf just like that? Oh god.

I think I might be sick....

"I..." What the fuck do I even say.

"It's about an hour and a half from the city. It's in a really safe neighbourhood. Right by the beach. I remembered you said you always wanted to live by the beach." Seven rambles. He remembered me telling him that?

I'm warmed by his generosity and the thought gone in to such a thing but I can't accept such a gift as this. It's ridiculous. A bloody house for god sake.

"I can't sign those papers Seven." I put them back down on the coffee table.

"What? Why not?" He frowns in confusion.

"Because!" I turn my body to face him directly, my leg tucking under myself as I sit.

"It's too much. I can't let you do this." I shake my head at him. Does he not see how crazy this is?

"It's not too much. Money doesn't mean shit to me, you know that. And I like giving you gifts." He argues.

"Seven, seriously this is not a normal thing to gift someone. The car was crazy enough, but a house?" I know he won't understand where I'm coming from. Like he pointed out, money doesn't mean shit to him. Whereas I've had plenty of financial struggles in my short life.

"Please Lily. Just sign the papers. You need to see it from my side of things. This way I know you'll be safe and out of Victor's reach. This way I know you'll be set if...if anything happens." His green eyes falter from eye contact for a second before he looks back up at me. Seven's eyes are large and pleading as they look into mine.

"Do I have to sign it? Why don't you?" I suggest but he shakes his head no.

"Victor would be able to track it down easily if it were in my name. But if it's in yours he won't know." Seven insists.

"I just..." I don't know how to explain this to him.

"You what?" He prompts.

"I don't want you to feel like you're responsible for me. I can take care of myself."