Chapter 69

SEVEN'S POV

"Are you mad?" Curby shakes his head at my statement.

"And how do you plan on stopping Victor?" He follows up his question with another, not giving me any time to answer.

"I just said I don't know how yet!" I say through my teeth and begin pacing the floor of my kitchen. The fact that both Curby and Grimmy stay in place and just pour themselves another drink infuriates me for some reason. They should be doing more; thinking, planning, helping. Help to think of a plan with me to stop my uncle.

"Well first off lets establish what exactly you mean by stop Victor." Grim speaks.

"Kill him obviously." I would think they had understood what I meant.

"You're not serious are you?" Curby questions, I don't miss the patronisation in his tone. I stop pacing to glare at him.

"Yes, of course I am." I insist.

"Seven that's all very well and good if you want to go murder your uncle but let I remind you the state you've been in while dealing with the first person you recently killed." Grim tries his best to be delicate but his words are rather blunt.

He's not wrong, I still find it challenging to think about what I've done. Guilt still riddles me about that night.

"Well I'm already there aren't I? I've killed a person before so why should I not kill Victor? He killed my mother! He's killing innocent people every day and needs to be stopped! Do you even know when he went after Lilianna's parents that night he shot her too?! She was fucking six years old for crying out loud! And he bragged about it to me, told me he was sure he had lodged a bullet in her chest but she was so small he must have missed." The memory of the way he told me those things that night sets another fire coursing through my veins. He lied to me so much that night, about Lilianna being a spy. But I know he was definitely telling me the truth as he bragged about revenging my fathers death and attempting to kill the innocent girl crying in the corner.

Both Curby and Grim are silent as I continue my aggravated verbal tirade against Victor. I couldn't care how traitorous I sound, I intend on making this right. And to do so Victor needs to be stopped so he can't hurt anyone anymore.

"My father use to speak of the old ways. That although we did unjust things we still had morals to stand by. To protect the innocents of society. He said we never hurt women or children, isn't that right Grim?" I hold him accountable and he nods. He knows just as better as anyone else of the old rules.

"Then what the fuck happened? Why is it that Victor gets to disregard those laws, he fucking murdered my mother and everyone stood by and let that go! He's been left unchecked for too long and then later tried to kill Lilianna when she was an innocent six year old girl! I already know he has no conscience so who's to say he isn't killing more innocent people now just for the sake of it? If it were anyone else they would be punished—"

"Things are a lot different for him Seven. He is Don. He makes the rules." Curby interrupts me gently. I shake my head at him.

"Not rightfully." I point out and Curby frowns at me.

"What do you mean?"

"He means that Victor isn't technically the rightful leader of the gang. He stepped up as a steward to run the gang till it's rightful heir became of age. That heir being Seven." Grimmy answers for me.

"I'm of age. I have been for a long time. So he can't stop me from taking over."

"You're going to overthrow him? Are you even ready to become a Don? I mean it's never really interested you before." Curby points out.