Epilogue

Frigga

Freya had done it. She had sacrificed herself to save us all. I stood in the golden throne room in Odin's castle back in my homeland of Asgard. Freya's reincarnation, now named Elizabeth lay peacefully in my arms. Her white silk and lace christening dress made her look like a tiny little princess. Her big grey eyes blinked back at me as she yawned, growing tired from the shower of admiration and love she had already received thus far.
The giant golden double doors to the throne room opened as more servants entered with gifts for Elizabeth. Shushing her off to sleep, I gently placed her down into a bassinet on a large golden bejeweled stand. Looking down at my beautiful baby as she gently drifted to sleep. She was so beautiful. No matter how many children you have, every newborn is like a miracle. The rush of love and connection is like no other feeling anyone can experience. A life so new and pure. No words can describe the peace.

Satisfied Elizabeth was safe, calm, and happy, I finally looked around the room. The golden throne room was decorated with tons of white orchids and roses. Piles of gifts surrounded the throne room. Everyone in Asgard had come out to celebrate, and no one had not offered some form of tribute. I could feel the love filling the space like the sun's warm rays.

"If only you could understand how loved you are, my darling child," I whispered, stroking Elizabeth's cheek.

Being back in Asgard with Elizabeth, Ares, and my family filled a hole in my heart I had avoided for generations. After I fell in love with Ares and gave birth to Freya and Cecilia, Odin banished me to earth as punishment. While the earth was a beautiful place, and for a time, I was happy, being separated from my home, my culture, and everything glorious about Asgard left a part of me feeling empty. Now I felt complete. All was right again.

My mind raced with the events planned for celebrating Elizabeth. A feast, a ball, days of celebration, taking her around the city, introducing her to everyone. A common interest that connected every citizen of Asgard. It was beautiful. Awe inspiring and magical. Music and cheers could be heard even through the thick golden doors. Lights flashed and danced on the horizon, creating a magical light show from the window views. I couldn't stop smiling.

"Good morning," Freyja smiled, entering the throne room.
She wore a floor-length white silk and lace gown highlighting her beautiful curves. The long sleeves flared out at the wrist and floated toward the floor. A thick gold and emerald chocker graced her delicate neck. Matching bangles and rings hung delicately from her wrists and fingers, and simple studs that shone like the sun rested in her ears. Her hair cascaded in ringlets over her shoulders and wrapped around the gold and diamond crown gracing her head. Her stride was so delicate and graceful that she looked like she was gliding across the room.

A large white fur blanket filled her arms. She was followed by Geri and Freki, Odin's war wolves. Even as wolves meant to guard, protect and lead a war, they too wore golden bejeweled collars for the occasion. Even on all fours, they towered five feet tall.

While I was dressed in a long lace white gown, a part of me felt self-conscious compared to the stunning Freyja...myself. I just hoped she couldn't tell how intimidated I felt. Freyja was litrally my other half; Odin had split me in two, resulting in Freyja living as his wife in Asgard while I was banished to earth. All Freyja had ever known was Asgard and the great privileges it brought. She had lived a life of luxury, and her dress and jewels showed that even if we were two halves of the same person, we couldn't be more different. While Freyja was being waited on hand and foot by servants, attending balls, and being adored. I had lived every life imaginable. I had seen all sides of the world, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I had felt the heartaches of the people and felt their struggles. I had been a queen, a noble, a peasant, and poor and worked alongside the people. But no matter what life I lived or my struggles and pain, each of my lives had one thing in common. My children were my driving force, the air I breathed, and the life in my veins. Nothing in the world was more important to me than my children.