A Lifeless Doll

Chapter 4

Ariadne

"It would appear she still dead, my lord. Are you sure you know what the fuck you're doing", I said hating to fall back into old habits. Hades had his security amped up to 1,000. Normally, I would be giving the pleasure of at least a walk around the castle but now I was forever tied to him like a slave on a leash. Yes, he dressed me in the finest clothing adored me in every jewel imaginable. But a collar was still a collar no matter it's embellishments. Hades pulled roughly on my leash making me lose my balance in these heels he insisted I wear.

Hades had placed Freya's dead body in his hall of mirrors. Each one covered to hide the truth. He gave her the grandest room, And laid her body to sleep on a bed of roses that even Snow White couldn't compete with. He mourned his would-be bride. Because even though Hades controlled the dead location-wise he did not have power over death itself. Thanatos, was the only God that had that kind of power. And I guess Freya because she killed him. So all Hades had was a lifeless body and no soul to put into it.

"I will find her", Hades said dressed in black robes as he stroked Freya's face. "I don't care how far I have to go. I will find her".

"Perhaps start looking in the river Styx? Just stay down there for as long as it takes" I said harshly standing.

"You know their used to be a time when I would give anything to hear your voice. Now it is just grading".

"The feeling is mutual, my lord", I spat pulling on my chain making him fumble under his own two feet. "She's just a doll now, lifeless pretty little thing. That will never have the opportunity to truly grow to loathe you".

"Once I find her soul. We will live happily. And you'll just be forced to watch".

"How delusional are you?" I shouted hy voice echoing throughout the hall that would put the palace of Versailles to shame. "She's still bonded. And even you can't break that. So bring her back, so that she can hate you for the rest of eternity for keeping her from her soulmate".

"You always underestimated me", Hades said turning to face me. Walking away from Freya's open casket, he pulled me by the chain purposefully choking me. "There can be no bond, if she doesn't remember it".

"What!?" I said fighting back only to be dragged. "If you do that you're taking away everything that made her, her. What's the point then!?"

"A bride that is finally worth having", Hades admitted as he continued walking through the cold hallways of his castle. Elaborate and ornate was everything to Hades, from his palace to the carpet to even his women.

"And what makes you think you're worth having", I sneered.

"Patience. Even you will eventually soften".

"Never", I vowed.

"Then break", he said tossing me into my room and locking the door behind me. Stuck in this prison again with even less hope that I had the last time.

But not completely gone.

I need a new plan of attack. And that might just be what my mother always encouraged.

A soft word and a kind smile.

I'll never give up on Theo. I will free him no matter the cost.