Chapter 1: A Strange Friend

Start from the beginning

She quickly scanned her surroundings. 'Nothing unusual ' yet the feeling did not leave.

She felt that someone was watching her...No, she was sure of it.

"So, are you the one I owe my thanks to for preparing this cup? I must say, that was nice of you. It will be also nice if you show yourself." It was shot in the dark, she did not know if she would get an answerback. However, to her surprise, she got one.

" Took your sweet time... I was waiting for you to notice me ...Still, well done, Mostima"  An inhuman voice spoke "Most people, would never sense my presence" Short but loud claps followed.

She was stunned. Not because someone managed to get into her house and make her a cup of coffee, nor because he somehow knew her name. She was stunned by the sheer amount of fear she felt just from hearing the voice of this intruder.

Despite that, she tried to stay calm and play it cool until she turned around and saw who was talking...

 A two-and-a-half-meter-tall faceless person stood in front of the kitchen door with tens of horns on top of what can be called his head, spreading like branches of a very old tree and above them, a red halo that looked like a bloody crown. 

He wore an old tattered black cloak and held a staff made of wood in his left hand that, like his horns, extended into four different parts with everyone having many iron circles that made noise every time the staff moved, truly a shocking and for some reason a familiar appearance.

 " Who are you!? and from what horror movie did you come from!?" She physically recoiled from her place. Her question made the... creature laugh.

 " To be cracking jokes even in such a situation... I see you're still the same even if this is not the same world, hahaha" his laughs made Mostima less nervous.

"You! You have yet to answer my question. Who are you and what do you mean by not the same worlds? Why are you talking to me like you know me very well" Now Mostima was standing in front of the horned man ready to take action if needed, even though she did not have her staff with her.

 " That is because I do know you Mostima, very very well, after all, we were friends"

"Huh? What are you talking about I never-

" I'd like to talk to you much more, unfortunatelythat is not possible. All of this is just a dream, with only me being the real thing here, so before it ends,  I must tell you-"

" So you are saying that this hot coffee is just a dream?" She took the cup and drank from it "But it tastes, real...and good."

" I am happy you liked it, however, that is not important. You should start feeling it shortly"  

"Feeling wha-"a strange and loud beeping sound interrupted Mostima from talking as her head began to hurt "Oh such a pity, it seems our time is almost over "

 " What! But you didn't tell a damn thing !! tell me who you are!" this time mostima seemed desperate to get an answer from him but alas he didn't answer her and instead said 

" Who I  am does not matter, for now. What matters is what I am going to tell you now" Silence filled the kitchen for mere seconds before he began to talk "Mostima you might not trust me but, please, at least hear my advice. Today you will meet someone who sees you as an important person in his world." 

Arknights : the broken fateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara