Artemis got over the bed. It squeaked and trembled as she leaned down to her. "As a Goddess of Virtue, I'm showed if a child of a demon or a God is coming to life and it's my sole duty to protect the child and ensure his or her spirit isn't ruined...like it's Father's." She gave me an odd, disturbing stare.

I ignored her remarks and rolled my eyes. It wasn't like Artemis was any pure than me.

"Okay. So?" Casey got off the bed out of fear.

Artemis folded her leg across the other and replied, "So darling, you are not even pregnant. Who am I going to protect? The invisible child of my cousin, because that isn't possible."

The shock was clear over Casey's face, she darted her eyes at me. "No. I'm pregnant! What are you talking about? She's lying, Xal." She kept her sharp stare on me while her mind brewed another lie to distract me. "I am pregnant!" She shouted again, trying to make her lie believable.

"Even when I'm wrecked with drinks, a protection is always used," I stepped towards her while my hands turned into fists. This entire disruption was a lie. "Casey, you know I despise liars and you've caused a lot of issues." Fury spun inside me. I almost lost my mate to a woman who lied for her own benefit—whatever it was.

She had forged all the papers she bought with herself and first used my Mother to create some sort of understanding before throwing the blow at me, at the same time I was going to bring Marissa home and claim her in the public.

"Oh, come on. This was an opportunity. I can still have your child if you want me to and we can be together, Xal. It was what we both wanted years ago. You no longer have any restriction—"

"I've a mate." I reminded her.

"So? You probably don't love her. You loved me, remember?"

"Wow," Artemis interrupted us. She ran her finger in circles near to her head. "This one's way more crazier than Marissa. I think I appreciate her more now." She laughed.

I forced a heavy breath out and said, "Get out, Casey. You are done here."

"No!"

"Don't make me kill you." I warned her.

She came forward, invading my space and assaulting me with her hands. "Kill me. We will be together in hell. It was all I wanted." She whispered while blushing with delight. There was something terribly wrong with her and it wasn't just since today. Her manic behavior had been going on for long—long before I even got along with her.

I leaned in to Casey and gave her a warm smile before ripping her throat open. "Goodbye."

"What in the fuck—" Artemis jolted from the bed as she saw her body clash on the ground with a heavy thud. The blood seeped from her neck and onto the carpet. "You're sick!"

"She isn't going to hell," I watched her drown in her blood in the following few seconds. "She's going to a better place." Since I had been gifted from my Father, it was easy enough to tell if a soul was going to enter hell or heaven.

Casey had done nothing wrong except for lied and fooled me, more than a few thousand times but I forgave her the instant second and it led her straight to a better place.

"You didn't have to kill her!" Artemis shouted, scurrying away from the blood as if this was the first time she saw someone die.

"Trust me. She would've caused a lot more trouble if I didn't kill her." I replied, cleaning my hands from the water inside the room.

The love Casey had for me was obsessive and even after she left a year ago, she was still lingering in my head and everywhere else. She never moved on but I did and I didn't want anymore trouble or surprises to trouble my relationship with Marissa.

She simply had to die.

As minute passed by, Artemis was no longer startled. We left the hotel after I gave in an order to take care of Casey's body from the room.

"What if she was having your child? Would you have killed her?" Artemis asked while getting inside my car.

I wasn't that cruel. "No."

"Oh, well, problem solved. She was a liar. End of the story." She shrugged, easing up to the idea she had just seen me murder someone. Her face blossomed with cheer as she threw her hand over my shoulder and tried to take advantage of the newly found friendship I was working towards to. "So, when is the wedding going to be?"

To read more chapters, you check out my subscription on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr where you can read all of my books at once along with one-shots! Thank you for your support!