Self-reflection (Part 8)

I couldn't procrastinate any further, I kept my composure and picked up the phone call. Although I quickly had to chew up the remaining food in my mouth, I didn't want to sound like a mannerless boy.

With any further ado, I picked up the phone call.
The conversation then had commenced.

" Good afternoon, How are you doing?" asked Alexander.

" Good afternoon boss, I'm fine, I'm fine, what about you?"I responded.

" I'm good, anyways, as you are probably aware,  I wasn't able to attend today's briefing because of a meeting."

" Thankfully, the meeting went according to my expectations, so I'm satisfied with it."

" That's fabulous!" I politely responded.

Andrew was casually looking at me whilst giggling disturbingly.

" What are you doing man? "I gently whispered whilst laughing.

" Excuse me?"Alexander responded.

" Oh no no, boss I wasn't saying that to you." I instantly responded.

" Ohh okay, are you sure, I'm not disturbing you?" He asked.

" No, no, not at all boss, please proceed with what you were telling me beforehand."
I politely requested.

" Well, I reckoned today was the right moment for you to show and prove what you got under your tank without any briefings or demonstration."

" Hence, I told my assistant to inform Andrew that you are going to be the chief of this mission."

" Although we had assured to have a backup team, they were the ones supposed to instruct and guide both you and your teammates for this mission."

" Indeed, I was constantly updated with what was going on and all."

" Don't worry, I'm not trying to scare you or anything." He said whilst cackling sarcastically.

" I was briefly told that the first plan didn't go according to the scheduled plan".

" Luckily, you came out handy and had a brilliant idea in mind."

" What you did was absolutely fantastic you showed leadership and an adequate mentality to help out your team."

" So, well, I'm proud of you for this one, young man." He complimented.

" Oh, that's fine, Thank you very much, I had to help out the team, it was a must for me." I politely thanked him.

" So, I presume you guys have already reached your final destination, have y'all?" He further asked.

" Yes, we have indeed reached the locality," I responded.

" Tell me how is it, how does it feel being here?"He curiously asked me.

" Well, haha, it's different from where I came from, I can't deny that." I heartily responded to his question.

" I know, but you will get used to all of these quicker than you think you will."

" I'm certain that you are a man who can easily adapt to any situation."

By that moment, Andrew had finished eating, I still had my food remaining, I didn't want my food to cool down. So I instantly gave the phone to Andrew, meanwhile, I could finish off my meal.
He firstly hesitated to take the call, however, after a few convincing hand gestures, he agreed and took the phone.

" Boss, I'm here with Andrew."

" As we had assured that our mission was completed and executed, we decided to come to eat here," I told Alexander.