Self-reflection (Part 7)

"Alright, actually where will our next stop be at?"

" First of all, we must take her somewhere safe, where absolutely no one will come to rescue her. "

" Indeed, not in a mean way, just we have to follow our itinerary for this mission," Andrew asked me with a confused and joyful look.

Our first stop was quite far, we firstly, had to securely take that girl and keep her in an anonymous location. We had to do this job as discreetly as possible, It was probably the hardest part of our mission.

The first part of the mission was already quite challenging enough, we now had to perform an even more demanding task. We had been driving for quite a while by then. I glanced at the side mirrors, nothing felt suspicious enough, well, no car as such was following us.

" Andrew seems like no one is behind us, seems like all is good now, right?" I asked Andrew.

" No, it's not good as such, we never know if they sent some of their men upfront, so better we maintain concentration till the mission was successfully been executed," Andrew affirmed.

I instantly comprehended what he had just told me, well, he had significantly more experience than me. We weren't that far away from our destination. Although, I didn't directly harm that little girl, however, I felt agony seeing her in such distress.

She had absolutely nothing to do with all of these things. She had done absolutely nothing, it just proves at times some of our close ones have to face the consequences of our own mistakes. I instantly avoided looking at her, it just gave me sudden discomfort.

" Don't look back a lot, you've done nothing wrong, you are just accomplishing your mission." Andrew further added.

I casually nodded my head, as an acknowledgement of his recommendation.

" Yeah, guys we are going to reach our destination soon, I guess it's good if y'all started to do the necessaries." The driver informed us.  

Well, I checked on the little girl, she was still asleep. That made our task way more easier. We approached our final destination, and as expected the area was quite underwhelming. The roads were full of potholes almost everywhere.

I'd bet my money on it, even a decent sedan vehicle cannot go through that road. We were fortunate to have an offroading van, that made our task easier.  Cause it indeed helped us a lot, especially during our numerous parkour and breakouts.

The atmosphere was really eerily and what seemed to be like an abandoned town. The streets were absolutely filthy, the walls were covered with graffiti. That was definitely not the kind of area I'd feel safe strolling by myself even during the daylight, I'd still be terrified.

We reached our destination, It seemed like Andrew will be the one who will safely carry that little girl and take her inside.

So far, everything seemed to go according to our plan, no one was following us either. One of the members came out of the vehicle and promptly opened the secret pathway that leads inside to the storeroom.

If you looked closer, it seemed to look like an abandoned place, I initially thought there wasn't any gateway there rather an obsolete wall that never got cleaned.

For a second, I almost shouted at one of our team members, because I assumed that he was just playing around with us.
He kind off struggled to unlock the latch that was already quite rusty enough.

As soon as he opened the entrance, the driver all of a sudden rushed inside without any delay, he was probably worried that outsiders would discover their hidden mysterious place.