CH.0009 - My Own Path

My Own Path

"...

I will fount out who is right and who is wrong. And I will figure out what crime the guilty party has committed.

I will punish them according to their crime. You can be sure about that.

So if you were right and your enemies were wrong you can rest in peace. Because I will punish them and take your revenge. That is the only promise I can give you.

Thank you and goodbye."

Ezar turned back and walked to the way he came. Ezar turned back and walked to the way he came. He didn't even throw a glimpse of those heirlooms of the seeker's.

Most people probably would take them without thinking a second. After all, a dead man tells no tales, right. According to them, it would be a waste to left those heirlooms in there.

But Ezar didn't think about taking them with him even a moment.

Ezar walked to the outside of the cave with a smile on his face.

"Freedom is really the best thing a man can have. Although I loved being earth's world protector. One thing always bothered me. Is my feels were real?

I fought, bleed, lived a lonely life, and even died for the earth and the people on it. And enjoyed every moment. Every people I save gave me the happiness I need and the determination to go on.

But was it because of my real feelings or the influence of the pact? I never figured it out in my past life but now I know.

It was real. Now I am free from the pact and I feel the same as before. I walked on the righteous path of the seeker in my life past but it was not my choice. It was my duty.

Right now I can walk on my own path with my own choices. Although I will still walk on the only main path of a seeker; the righteous path; this time everything will be different.

Because this time it isn't a duty, it is my choice, my path. And whatever the outcome I will accept.

After all a man never completely regrets the choices taken by himself."

Every time a world protector was chosen for the duty, they gain some rewards for their sacrifices. Like knowledge about the universe's deep secrets which is something seekers most desire.

And deep secret number one: Although there are different paths for someone to gain power seeker there is only one main path for true seekers who aim to top; the righteous path.

You can walk on a bloody path, a naturalist path, a dark path, a pacifist past, or even a path of seclusion.

But at some point, you will encounter a bottleneck which is you can never overcome, or worst you will be punished with tribulation. Because while you can gain power through the universe's secrets you also taking responsibility on your shoulder unknowingly.

If you gain your power through the universe's secrets then you have to protect the universe's order.

After all great power comes with great responsibility, right?

You can't harm or kill innocent, you can't steal and you can't punish someone more than what they deserve.

But you shouldn't think a righteous path is a saints path. Because if you encounter someone who should punish then you must. You can't close your eyes and become a bystander.

And you can't also punish them less than what they deserve. Because from the universe's point meaning of giving less punishment to someone than what they deserve is punishing the people who harmed or will harm by these people.