5

Narrator's POV

"I can't stop thinking about it" Penny said as she rocked back and forth with her knees to her chest. Jordan rubbed her back gently. They somehow found their way back to the village but it was already late and the villagers had noticed their absence.

"Do you think we should open up to them? About Freya?" Jordan asked Jack. Jack looked spaced. He hadn't said a word since the incident back at the forest.

"Jack,it will be fine. Freya would come back" Penny assured him as she rubbed his hand comfortingly. The bonfire made the three friends seem distant and lost.

A tear ran down Jack's cheek and he held himself from crying bitterly. If only he had done something. Saved her or taken her away from there, something so he wouldn't regret now.

He felt his brother's hand on his back and Penny's hand on his hand.

"It's okay. Everything will be over soon" They said to him. But Jack had a feeling that things had just begun.

****************

Freya's POV

The only person I had in mind was Jack...and Penny and Jordan and my grandparents! I couldn't stop crying over them and Mother Nature wasn't even helping!

She kept singing about how I'm the sixth spirit and how I am needed here for balance. It weakend me.

"Nature!" I called,folding up my full,white hair which I haven't even gotten used to yet.

"Yes?" Her sweet voice filled my ears. I sighed and dropped the brush down. I stared at her from the vanity.

She's beautiful.

"Thank you" She smiled.

"You don't really have to read my mind"

"Well I don't read it...I just hear it"

"Please stop listening" I begged. She simply stared at me.

"You called"

I waited a few seconds before speaking.

"I love someone"

"Love?" She quickly walked towards me and pulled my arm to sit on the bed with her.

"Who is it?"

"You wouldn't know him obviously,he was there when you whisked me away"

"Jack?"

Oh yeah,figures you know him.

"Great...so you know him...I'm worried,I miss him"

That's a lot of hims.

"Oh" For the first time since I met her,the smile on her face was missing.

"Frost,I know what it's like trust me. But there are tougher problems at hand right now"

I knitted my brows and bit my bottom lip.

"Problems? What problems"

"Frost-" She took my hand. Warmness engulfed me. "It's time...to be strong,the battle has just begun"

In her eyes I could see war,I could see deaths and hurt and pain. When I blinked,the sight was gone and it was her green eyes again.

"What do you mean battle,I didn't want any of this"

"I know,but it's fate. We can't change fate" She sighed deeply. "Don't worry,you will have time to train. You will train and learn to use your powers"

"Train? What is this jail?" I chuckled

"Frost" Nature kept a serious face,making me feel stupid.

"Your training starts tomorrow. I'm sorry we don't have a choice,if they successfully get the idol of balance, it's over for the world"

I thought of my friends and family.

"So I'm going to war?"

"Yes"

"How soon?"

"Three years"

"What?! So why I'm I training now?"

"The battle we're gonna face isn't a child's play"

"Yeah no battle is a child's play" I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly and this is like dying for the world Frost"

"I don't wanna- oh" I remembered I couldn't die. That sounded weird.

"We can overcome this"

"But you know about this war,why can't you stop it?"

"It's fate"

"Fate is unfair" I mumbled.

"Don't worry,you will meet more people and together we'll do this" I nodded as she stroked my hair gently.

Thank you everyone! Loads of love 💟