CHAPTER 4: SUNSET AND FAMILY

The two teenagers sat on the roof, the setting sun making their skin appear golden. Ash's hair was almost neon in this lighting while Mark's was shining like brass. The pair met eyes with a soft smile. Music was faintly playing from in Ash's room and they were tapping along with the drums on their thighs. Ranboo smiled, taking a mental note of how passionate about music they really were. The fading light brought out the yellow tones in Ash's bright green eyes while Mark's were just slightly brighter. Both found the other person beautiful.

Eventually it was dark and Ash was shivering slightly. Wordlessly Ranboo pulled them to sit closer. Ash was sat between Mark's legs, their back pressed to his chest with his arms wrapped around their waist. Ash pointed out constellations and Ranboo just listened, resting his chin on their head. "You're so cute," he mumbled into their fluffy hair. Ash let out an incomprehensible noise and stuttered, eventually managing to put two words together. "No you." This started an argument over who was cuter.

They settled it as a draw before they got called downstairs for dinner. Well before Wren yelled up at them. "GET YOUR ASSES DOWN HERE AND STOP BEING SO FUCKING GAY FOR EACH OTHER!" were her exact words. Ash, of course, had to turn it into one of their "fights".

"SAYS THE LESBIAN WHO'S VERY OBVIOUSLY PINING FOR SOMEONE BUT IS TOO SCARED TO MAKE A MOVE!"

"OH FUCK OFF, AT LEAST I DON'T HAVE AN UNHEALTHY OBSESSION WITH MUSICALS!"

"AT LEAST I'M TALLER AND OLDER THAN YOU!"

"ONLY BY ONE INCH AND FIVE MINUTES!"

"BRO MY DICKS WAY BIGGER TOO!"

"YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A DICK THOUGH!"

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? YOU BEEN WATCHING ME CHANGE OR SOMETHING?"

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ASHER!"

Ollie was really starting to regret agreeing to become their legal guardian

Ollie was really starting to regret agreeing to become their legal guardian. Bea simply found it entreating and Ranboo was seriously concerned for the twin's vocal chords. For two singers they really didn't seem to care about damaging their voices.

When Mark and Ash got downstairs they joined the others in the sitting room. Bea had ordered a load of Chinese takeout for the group and they all sat down around the room. Ranboo and Ash were on end side of the torn leather sofa, Bea was at the other end, Wren was sat on the floor leaning against Bea's legs and Oliver was on his tattered armchair in the corner. None of the furniture matched but it added a certain charm to the house. The old wooden floors were all covered in rugs, paintings, posters, tapestries and old guitars were hung on the walls and fairy lights were pinned to the ceilings.