32. Mason

Warning: 17+ content after third cut

~~~

"The fuck are you doing here?" Josh's voice pulled Mason's attention away from his phone as he turned to face his roommate.

Mason shoved his phone into his front pocket, "I could ask you the same damn thing." He was almost positive that Josh had planned on visiting his parents' till the tenth, especially considering he hadn't been able to see them during thanksgiving.

Josh shot him a look, "Pretty sure I asked you first, man."

Mason sighed, "I have to go the airport to pick up Paris." Was it just him or did the name Ana suit his girlfriend so much better?

"You came back early to see a girl," his roommate deadpanned.

Mason gave josh a glare as he checked the time on his watch; just a few more hours now. "Fuck yeah I did," he smirked, "You'd understand if you had a girlfriend."

"Says the virgin who is currently legally old enough to drink," he retorted.

"How very mature of you," Mason rolled his eyes. "Whatever," he shook his head softly, "Why the hell are you back so soon?"

Josh's mood visibly dropped and he sighed before collapsing onto the couch next to Mason. "Pretty sure I was kind of just kicked out."

"You're fucking kidding me!" Mason was undoubtedly shocked; he had known Josh's parents since before he had even fully gone through puberty; to say this was out of character for them was a massive understatement. While they weren't the most affectionate people, he'd never even considered that they might kick out their own son. "What the fuck happened?"

"I don't even know man," he groaned with clear frustration. "One minute we're arguing about how I missed that damn stupid flight and the next they're throwing my bags out on the street and literally shoving me out of the house."

"Holy shit," Mason muttered. He couldn't even imagine an argument extreme enough that it would resort to that of all things.

Before he could say anything more to Josh, Mason felt his phone vibrate on his leg and couldn't resist the small grin the crept upon his face. Josh gave him an understanding look when he noticed Mason's uncertain glance at his phone.

"Go get your girl," he nodded in the direction of the door. "We'll talk about it once you both get back, I'm sure she wants to know about it too."

His girl.

Yeah, his smile wasn't so small anymore.

~~~

Although Mason was a bit early (okay he was almost three fucking hours early) it felt as though almost no time passed before he was pulling into the exact same parking spot he had used when he dropped Ana off.

His eyes flickered towards his phone once more and he reread her Getting my bags now! text for what seemed like the hundredth time. She had sent it only six minutes ago, meaning that she would be here - and with Mason - at any minute now.

Finally (finally) he noticed a familiar head of beautiful dark curls and an even more familiar shirt as a person stepped through the automatic doors and into the glaring evening sun.

Mason rolled down his window with a grin, waving a hand and poking his head out through the opening. "Hey princess!" Her head turned in the direction of his voice and it felt like a breath of fresh air when he caught sight of her face.

He could see Ana smiling despite the distance between them and he quickly exited the car as she began running towards him.

Mason expected her to jump into his arms - and had even lifted his hands to catch her - so imagine his surprise when she abruptly stopped and pulled him into a kiss. Her hands came up to wrap around his neck, her bags falling to the ground as she roughly pulled his face down to meet her lips.