14. Mason

Mason had wanted to see Paris's reaction to the violin -  but he thought it might be a bit strange to wait in her room - so he stayed in the living room even after she left the room. He was hoping she might come back out to say something once she saw it.

As if on cue Mason heard the sound of a door opening and stood from his seat. He ran a hand through his hair, resisting the urge to pace as the sound of footsteps reached his ears. 

"Mason," she heard Paris call out softly. Said man cleared his throat, walking in the direction of her voice and mentally steeling himself on the way there. 

He stopped just in front of her, watching as she furrowed her brows and held up the instrument in his direction. He cleared his throat, "What's up?"

"Did you get me a violin?" She looked absolutely fucking stunned; eyes wide and mouth agape with blatant surprise. 

Mason shrugged uncomfortably under her gaze. "If I did?" She gave him a deadpan expression in response and Mason tried to smirk, failing miserably when she abruptly glared. "Why do you look so pissed?"

She suddenly sighed, lowering the violin slightly as she spoke. "While I appreciate the gift, I can't possibly accept it." She tried to give him the instrument but Mason just pushed it back in her direction. 

"And why the hell not?" He swore he'd never heard of anyone denying a gift, expensive or otherwise. 

She rolled her eyes, "You shouldn't be giving random people gifts just because you can. That's how people take advantage of you."

Mason's throat tightened slightly as her choice of wording. "First of all, I'm fucking offended that you think you're just a random person to me." Paris opened her mouth, as if in preparation to respond but Mason interrupted before she could. "Second of all, that was cheap as all hell. The musician makes the instrument and all that shit right?" She giggled at that and he smiled softly to himself at the noise. "And third of all, this is all for my own fucking benefit so don't be so flattered. I want to hear you play and now I can."

Paris grinned at him then, a smile so soft and sweet it made his stomach churn in probably the best fucking way possible. "Well then," she paused for seemingly no reason, staring at Mason with a gentle expression. "Thank you."

She abruptly pulled Mason into a hug, wrapping her arms around his waist and laying her head on his chest. Mason gasped at the sudden movement, feeling himself stiffen slightly as she made a soft noise - almost a hum. 

His face suddenly felt hot, his heart beginning to pound as he returned the hug. 

God, she felt so right against him; the perfect fit. She was warm and soft in his arms, her curves melting against him as she relaxed in his hold. 

Mason sighed as he closed his eyes, letting his head fall back so he could savor the moment. He opened his eyes to reposition slightly, fully encasing her waist in his arms as he lifted Paris off the ground just the smallest amount. She laughed at the movement, her face burying into his neck and releasing hot breath onto his skin. 

He shivered slightly at the sensation before he forced himself to set her back down. She pulled away after regaining her footing, setting her hands on his forearms to further steady herself. 

Mason found himself staring at Paris for a moment before he was interrupted by the sound of her voice. "You're really weird," she snorted. 

Mason frowned, "How fucking sweet of you," he drawled sarcastically.

"I know," she smirked at him. "Aren't I just the sweetest?"

"Definitely." 

It wasn't as sarcastic this time.