07

Here Fletcher and I were, having our first kiss.

"I cannot believe this took this long," Ashley said.

"I know right?" Wyatt said. Fletcher and I smiled at each other as he put his arm around me and we walked out. We drove back to their house and all had yet another sleepover. We watched movies and cuddled until everyone fell asleep but me. I still couldn't stop thinking about the whole disaster with my dad. I decided to take in some fresh air. I slipped out of Fletcher's arms and went out into the backyard. After about five minutes before I was going to go back inside my phone rang, it was my dad. I answered.

"What do you want," I said with an attitude.

"Hello, is this Miss Luna Driver?" an unfamiliar voice said.

"Yes? Who is this?" I said.

"This is Officer Charlie, your father has been in an incredibly bad drunk driver accident, please go to the Orange County Global Medical Center if you wish to see him," the man replied. My heart dropped, as soon as everything was going fucking good for me of course my stupid ass father had to get drunk and fucking drive. I started crying, violently. Somehow Fletcher woke up and heard me.

"Hey hey hey, Luna, are you okay?" He said as he bent down next to me.

"Fletcher.." I said.

"Yeah?" He said with his eyebrows upturned.

"Can you take me to the hospital, my dads been in an accident," I said looking at him with tears in my eyes.

"Yes, of course. I'm so sorry," he said as he grabbed my face and wiped away my tears. Fletcher went inside and grabbed his dad's keys. Along with that he grabbed a zip up hoodie for me since it was kinda cold.

"Ready to go?" he asked. I nodded. I got up and we walked out of the backyard, into the house, and out the front door. We got into his dad's car and immediately started driving. Halfway there he started talking to me.

"You okay?" he asked turning his eyes away from the road for a moment.

"Yeah I'm fine," I said. Fletcher then grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"Everything's gonna be okay, I'm here," he said with a reassuring smile. I nodded and squeezed his hand back. We then arrived at the hospital. We checked in and waited in the waiting room until we were able to see my dad. We sat and waited for hours. Fletcher slowly fell asleep on my shoulder. He was so cute, he woke up, made sure I was okay, and sat here with me for hours. I don't know what I did to deserve such a guy. He's so perfect I thought as I drifted to sleep aswell.

I woke up to a tap on my shoulder.

"Miss Driver?" asked a man in a white coat that I assumed to be a doctor. Fletcher then opened his eyes and lifted his head off my shoulder.

"Yes?" I said.

"I'm sorry to say but your father has passed," He said with a serious but sad face. No this couldn't be happening. I turned completely frozen for a moment.

"What?" I said.

"I'll give you a few moments to mourn before we bring out paperwork that you will have to bring back with you to Wisconsin to your mother," He said as he turned and walked away. Double whammy. Fletcher and I both froze at that moment. My dads dead and I have to move back to Wisconsin. I didn't know what to do or say. I looked at Fletcher and that's when it hit me. I would have to leave him. I started to cry, so did he. There's no way that after all this time, after everything he's helped me through, after how much happiness he's given me, I'd have to leave him. He was there when my dad was an asshole, he was there to distract me from the horrible life I was living. I don't want to leave.

I love him.

(sorry for the downer and the short chapter, don't worry, this isn't the end of Fletcher and Luna... 684 words)