05

*Lunas POV*

When I woke up I felt a warm embrace around me. Oh my god. I couldn't remember a thing from last night but somehow Fletcher was holding me?! His head was tilted back onto the couch with his mouth open snoring. I laughed a little. I have to use the bathroom but I don't want to leave his arms. I didn't really have much of a choice anyway, his arms were wrapped around me tight.

"Whatcha doin?" Ashley said as she walked into the room with Wyatt's shirt on.

"Oh y'know, the usual," I replied.

"I cannot believe this is happening right now," Ashley said as her voice started to gain volume.

"Ashley do not wake him up," I said.

"Okay okay, I'll be in Wyatt's room," she said as she walked back the way she came. After a few minutes Fletcher's grasp on me got weaker and his eyes started to flutter open. When he opened them he looked a bit in shock.

"Finally, you're awake," I said as I smiled at him.

"Oh god, I'm sorry," Fletcher said as he let go of me.

"No no, it's okay, really," I said. There was a few seconds of silence. I decided to get off of him.

"Sooooo, how'd you sleep?" I asked.

"Pretty good actually," he said as he turned to me and gave me that big perfect smile of his. Then, Wyatt and Ashley both came into the living room together. We all sat and chatted for a little bit until Ashley and Wyatt said they were going to go somewhere. Somewhere that we couldn't know about. After they got ready and left I turned to Fletcher.

"Do you wanna make breakfast?" I asked him.

"Hell yeah I do," he said. I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the kitchen.

"What could we make? I asked.

"We could make pancakes?" he told me.

"HELL YEAH," I almost screamed as he laughed at me. We mixed pancake batter and I put a little on his nose. Was I being too obvious? We then made the pancakes and ate them at the dining table as we made small talk. He was starting to open up to me. I then got a text from my dad.

D: *Where the fuck are you?*

D: *Come home, NOW.*

I frowned at the text. I didn't want to leave so soon.

"What's up?" Fletcher said as he looked at me worried.

"Just my dad being an asshole, I have to leave." I said as I got up from the table. Fletcher didn't have a car so I had to text Ashley.

L: *When are you gonna be back?*

A: *I'm almost home, why? what's up?*

L: *My dad's making me go home, may have accidently forgotten to tell him I was staying over.*

A: *Oh shit yeah okay, I'll be there ASAP*

"So soon?" He asked as he got up too.

"Yeah, I don't wanna leave." I said. Fletcher then walked up to me and gave me a hug.

"I'll miss you," he said. This hug lasted for about ten seconds.

"I'll miss you too," I said back. Why were we acting as if I were moving away or something? Ashley's car honked outside and Wyatt got out. That was quick. We broke the hug and I grabbed my stuff. I waved goodbye to Fletcher as I got into the car.

"I got you some stuff," Ashley said as she winked at me. Why does she always do this.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Clothes," she said as she handed me the bag.

"try them on at home and tell me how you like them," she said. I guess after picking out an outfit with me for an hour she wanted me to have more options. It's kinda weird she did that but also kinda sweet. She has amazing style so I'm sure these clothes are breathtaking. It was a short drive to my house. Shit, I don't want to go inside.

"You okay?" Ashley asked.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous," I replied as I got out of the car.

(TW: alcoholism, verbal abuse)

I walked up the steps and waved goodbye to Ashley. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I looked around inside, my dad was asleep on the couch with a hell lot of empty beers on the coffee table. I felt scared to move. My dad was super scary drunk. I began to tiptoe to my room when there was a voice.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, you're such a disappointment, you're just like your mother. Yeah, go ahead, leave me for a man who doesn't love you just like her," He said slurring his words not even looking at me. I've learned to stay quiet and not say anything back but honestly I'm fucking done with this.

"What the fuck is wrong with me? Look at you, you're the one she left, you're the one laying on the couch wasted," I said back with an aggressive tone. Then he got up from the couch. He turned to me and started to walk towards me.

"What did you just say you little shit?" He said as his pace began to grow faster. I started to walk to my room, then it turned to speed walking, then running. I ran into my room and locked the door. I've got to get out of this shit hole. I don't know what he'll do to me if I don't. I packed everything I needed into my school backpack, I didn't have much in there to begin with but now it's pretty much packed. My dad began to pound on the door.

"YOU CAN'T LOCK THE DOORS IN MY HOUSE," he said as I heard keys. Shit, of course he has fucking keys. I opened up the window in my room and jumped out. Where the hell do I go? I can't call Ashley to pick me up, I'll feel bad, she was just here. I began to walk, I walked the roads for about an hour to the only place I knew I could go to. I walked up the steps and knocked on the door.

"Luna?"

"Hi Fletcher."

(1004 words)