10· After the fall

"I will show you what it really is to be used by someone," he says his hand trailing down her body and moving pass her breast down to stomach then to her hip where it rested.

"Jeremy-" Scarlett started speaking, but stopped when Jeremy scooped down and carried her up.

Scarlett's heart began to beat faster than before as Jeremy started walking. He couldn't take advantage of her right? He couldn't force her to have sex with him right? He might not be the holiest man on Earth, but he wasn't a common rapist. He was a liar, a heartbreaker— but not a vulgar rapist.

"Jeremy," she called his name half breathlessly. "What are you doing? Put me down now!" she cried out as she started to yell in another language. It most be Beti, his mother tongue.

"Richard let me go," she said and felt his body tensing at the mention of his name. Suddenly she heard a click sound and the door was pushed open.

"Your wish is my command your majesty," he said sarcastically as he dropped her down so brutally that she fell on her buttocks by the sudden loss of balance. Jeremy then threw the envelop on the ground next to her and when she looked at him in the eyes, his face was impenetrable in a type of way she has never seen him before.

"If you want to take it along with you then take it, but if you don't it is your problem," he said pointing at the envelop. He then ran a hand down his face and sighed as if he was debating if he should say or not what he had in mind.

"Look, Lydia," he began and somehow Scarlett's heart sank at the fact that he had called her Lydia instead of Scarlett as he always did.

"I made you suffer and it haunts me because I was twenty one and quite young and didn't know a damn about life. I never knew that you were everything I wanted, everything I needed to be happy in life. I never knew that loving you was quite the happiest my heart could ever be and out of foolishness I broke your heart and broke mine too in the same occasion leaving both of us shattered. But I regretted it Lydia. I really did the moment I came back home and didn't see your petite body I really regretted my actions. That is why I came back to beg for your forgiveness hoping that you could come back to me, but you keep on pushing me away and you made it clear that you don't want anything to do with me again because of the pain and misery you faced--"

Jeremy paused his cold expression all gone. "But note that the pain and misery you will experience as from now will be your fault."

Scarlett closed her eyes for some seconds, trying to calm her nerves. The pain and misery she would feel as from now would be her fault? Like seriously?

Scarlett pressed her lips in a thin line and stood on her feet. She was whizzing, her lungs were closing up it was unbearable to know that she was crying in front of him. But how could he say that? Does he even know half of how much she suffered? Does he think that she will ever experience more misery than he had dragged her to?

The misery and pain you will be experiencing would be your fault.

"Pain and misery?" Scarlett wiped her cheeks looking at him with the ghost of a smile. "Like are you serious about it? Jeremy, the only pain and misery I felt and have been feeling was because of you and nothing can ever bring me more pain than you did! You made my life so miserable and that was enough to forget every good thing you did to me. You were the love that came without warning you had my heart before I could say no and then suddenly you left me in search of a better place as if been with me was a like going through hell."

"Scarlett--"

"No, listen to me, Jeremy. For the first and last time just shut up and listen to me," she said harshly.