Part 44 | let's get drunk tonight

A longer chapter than usual.

Not a previewed chapter. Pardon grammatical errors if any !

Enjoy reading :)

-------

KARTIK

" HE'S SO TALL AND HANDSOME AS HELL
HE'S SO BAD BUT DOES IT SO WELL

AND WHEN WE'VE HAD OUR VERY LAST KISS
MY LAST REQUEST IT IS....

SAY YOU'LL REMEMBER ME STANDING IN A NICE DRESS
STARING AT THE SUNSET, BABE

RED LIPS AND ROSY CHEEKS
SAY YOU'LL SEE ME AGAIN

EVEN IF IT'S JUST IN YOUR
WILDEST DREAMS, AH-HA "

Singing along with the stereo of the car, Naira stood on the seat. Her head popped out through the sunroof with her arms up in the air.

" Baby please, sit down. " She flashed me a toothy smile, but chose not to make my life easier.

For past five minutes I have been trying, pleading her to take her seat but the drunk Naira turns out to be more stubborn than her usual sane self.

Never before today, I have felt so grateful for travelling late at night. It was past midnight, the road to the mansion was empty and there were no paparazzi running around me.

As an addition to my gratitude list, I am so glad that packs of dogs aren't chasing my car, irritated because their sleep is disturbed by my overly elated wife singing her heart out.

For one final time I tried, " Naira take your seat Now or I'll make sure you aren't getting any brownies for an entire month. "

To my surprise, She instantly gave in, making me bang my head on an imaginary pole.

You should have done this earlier !!

I made a mental note of the relationship tip I learnt today:
desserts can do wonders!

" Don't you dare touch my brownie, Mr. Rude hottie !! " She slapped my arms before she hunched back on the seat with a huff.

Now Honey bunny is Mr. Rude hottie.

Guess what, this is the fifth nickname she gave me in the past 2 hours.

I shook my head hopelessly at her use of weird nicknames, focusing back on the road.

Upon reaching home, I parked my car and got down walking to the other side.
She had her thinking face on as I opened the door. " We are home. "

As if something struck her mind, she did a little jump on the seat and looked up at me." You are a big league businessman right? "

She nodded her head answering her own question. " Then why do you always meet lame people instead of the cool ones? "

Lame people!

I shot her a look as I unfastened her seatbelt. She now turned completely towards me, her legs wiggling loose out of the car.

" Imagine if you have meetings with Zayn, Taylor Swift.... Oo Shawn Mendes! It would be awesome! You are definitely taking me along. " She said the last part in a commanding tone.

I looked at her in amusement. Leaning forward, I picked her up in bridal style.
" Okay, we'll see about that later. Now, let's get you inside. "

" Hey, I can walk. " I stopped to lower her down, but she wrapped her arms around my neck like a toddler. " But I don't want to. I like this. "