Part 9 | What is He Hiding?

Late night update , Ignore typos if any....
______

KARTIK

I don't care.

" I..yeah... He is ...my friend "

Hell! I don't care!!

It's now almost a month since our marriage. If that man is just her best friend, she could have told him about me right? She could have introduced me as her husband or atleast as a boyfriend.

I am not angry, I am just... Disappointed.

It was 8 in the morning and I was in the backyard getting some fresh air. I heard footsteps approaching me.

" Place the coffee in the table Dory. " I said without looking back.

" It's me. " Naira forwarded me a coffee mug.

" Thanks... "

The coffee had a design that spelt 'sorry' written on top. I gave her a questioning look.

" You didn't speak to me yesterday since we came home, I thought you were angry at me..." She paused.

" Sorry, you had to wait for me for long yesterday. I didn't know you would be coming. " She said.

" That's okay. I was never angry. " I sipped on the coffee. I felt her relaxing.

Does me being angry with her affect her?

Of course! else why did she draw a design on your morning coffee to say she's sorry.

I smiled inwardly at her actions. Cute!

We had a casual chat as we continued having our coffee. I thought I'll ask her about her bestfriend, but then decided against it.

If that's important she will tell me herself.

----------------

NAIRA

It was 6 in the evening and I was bored. All day I was at home working on the resort plans. Aditi came in the morning to discuss about the resort interiors. We didn't have much of work to do today so we even watched a movie in between.

Kartik hasn't returned yet from work. I was engaged in a chat with Dory when the door bell rang. It was Kartik's PA.

Tina gave me a file stating it's an important file she forgot to give her boss and asked me if I could give it to Kartik. It seems she was in a rush for some emergency and couldn't go back to the office now. I nodded.

Since She mentioned it was really an important file I decided to keep it in Kartik's room. I went upstairs and placed it in the drawer of the study desk. As I turned to leave I spotted a door within his room.

Wondering where the door leads to, I slowly opened it.

Woah! There's a room within his room.

It was pitch dark inside. It looked like some sort of a store room, it was a small room. I switched on the lights and stood dumbstruck at the sight before me.

The room had atleast a hundred photos hanging from the ceiling, the walls had some posters too.

The striking highlight was the painting that stood in the center of the room. I touched the canvas gently, the painting looked so real.

It was a portrait.... Of a women.

Young and beautiful. She had hazel orbs and wavy short hair. She looked happy, so happy.

Kartik never showed me this.

There was also some diaries and bunch of notebooks lying on the small bench in the corner.