61. IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES

Start from the beginning

"I've waited so long for this moment... Two years, Seo... What if something goes wrong? If Jiwon..." He broke off, unable to pronounce this cruel thought aloud, as if fearing that if he did, his worst nightmare might come true.

"Everything will be fine. There is no other option," the elder replied quickly. "You look great. I told you this suit would fit you," he added after a moment, measuring his friend from head to toe.

Taehyung was wearing a suit Seojoon had lent him. He and Seo had similar body shapes and both were almost the same height, which made his friend's suit fit like a glove. He also had to admit that the clothes were of really great quality. Surely such a suit cost a fortune.

"I feel like in disguise," he muttered softly, and as he was about to add something else, Giovanni turned to face him again.

"It's time," he said in a little broken English, then motioned them to go to the building where they had met a moment ago.

The tattoo artist nodded, swallowing hard. Suddenly, he felt a strong suction in his stomach, and an almost irresistible urge to take another puff of the cigarette, but he knew there was no time left to indulge in it. So he started toward the elegant building under which they stood. They walked the rest of the route in silence. Taehyung was too nervous to say anything, and the other two men probably didn't want to stress him too much. He barely registered Giovanni's conversation with a secretary who, after a short exchange of words and courtesy, led them deeper into the building to finally show them the appropriate office.

When the door was finally opened for them and the secretary indicated for them to enter, a tall man appeared to his eyes. He immediately noticed that he, too, was dressed in an elegant suit, perfectly matched to the figure. Seeing the guests, he got up from his desk and fastened his navy blue suit jacket, which had been unbuttoned so far. As the man got close enough to get a good look at his face, he saw that he was probably of Asian ancestry. His dark, piercing gaze and skin tone indicated that the man must have had someone from the east among his ancestors. Especially since his skin was devoid of the sunny Milanese tan so characteristic of the people around him. He himself rather avoided sunbathing, but still his caramel skin darkened, and its color took on more depth.

"Mr. Kim?" The man asked, looking at Seojoon.

"T-that's me," Taehyung answered quickly, before his friend could say anything.

"Oh, I'm sorry," the other said quickly, turning to his side, then carefully measured him from head to toe, his eyes lingering briefly at his white shirt collar, from beneath which a fragment of red lotus that the fabric could not hide, was still visible. "My name is Hayato Tanaka, and I am Mrs. Lalisa Matsuyama's attorney," he explained quickly, extending his hand towards him.

"Matsuyama?" Kim repeated, almost stopping himself from huffing. His right eyebrow lifted involuntarily at the sound of these revelations.

"Oh, yes," the man replied with a gentle laugh. "It's quite a new thing. Mrs. Lalisa got married to her fiancé less than a month ago," he explained. "Maybe you haven't heard it yet."

Taehyung would be lying if he said that he was surprised that his ex-partner had dealt with the break-up with Jeongguk rather quickly. It didn't surprise him a bit that she'd already found a new man. He didn't know who all this Matsuyama was, but he guessed it was probably another rich man Jiwon had wrapped around her little finger and now kept under an expensive Louboutin shoe.

"Please sit down," Hayato ordered, pointing to the chairs set next to the desk as he started to settle down in his previous seat. He unbuttoned his suit jacket button again so as not to wrinkle the expensive fabric, and sat down on the leather chair he had been sitting in when they had entered his office moments ago.