32. FALLIN' FOR YOU

Jeongguk ran the drawing charcoal over the white sheet of the sketchbook, drawing another line on it, then another and another

Jeongguk ran the drawing charcoal over the white sheet of the sketchbook, drawing another line on it, then another and another. The lines that had not been consistent until then, slowly began to form into a whole, creating the shape of a male figure lying in white sheets. A soft smile appeared on his lips. He couldn't and didn't even try to stop it. He felt wonderful, almost blissful. He had not felt such peace for a long time.

He traced the strong line of the man's jaw and began to sketch his slightly parted lips. Taehyung was unbelievably beautiful. Especially now that he was sleeping soundly, letting his still-naked chest rise and fall gently. Jeongguk determinedly drew his long, thick eyelashes, a straight nose with that cute mole on the tip, and soft lips, then moved his hand a little lower, drawing more lines on the paper, forming strong, tattooed arms and the curvature of his back and a sexy hip line.

He narrowed his eyes and for a moment he watched the sun's rays creep across the bare caramel skin of the man's arm. For a moment he almost fought with himself not to stretch out his hand and trace the intricate route along his strong arms with his fingertips, gliding toward the curve of his buttocks. It was still quite early, though, and he didn't want to wake him, so he held back, just gripping the charcoal tighter.

He couldn't touch him, so he concentrated on touching his skin with a gaze so tender as to transfer its beauty onto white paper, covering it with a charcoal sketch. With a smile on his lips, he watched as more lines and shadings emerged from under his fingers, slowly creating something wonderful.

When, after a dozen or so minutes, he ran the charcoal over the sheet for the last time, and then gently rubbed the line to create the desired chiaroscuro, a soft sigh of satisfaction escaped his lips. The drawing was really beautiful. He put the charcoal back in place and looked for a moment at what he had drawn. Tae's words crept into his head, telling him how talented he is.

Could his work be suitable for the competition that the tattoo artist told him about some time ago?

With that in mind, he pulled out his cell phone and, ignoring his coal-stained hands, quickly lit the screen. He typed a few words into the search engine and waited impatiently for the search result. It took a few seconds for his eyes to see numerous articles related to the competition. He could have expected it. The Academy of Fine Arts in Seoul was the cradle of art.

He scanned the search results quickly with his eyes, and finally clicked on one of the links. He read all the information with interest. The deadline for submitting applications for the competition was almost two months away, but a portfolio of at least five works had to be sent. He only had a few poor sketches that were too average to send.

From all the submitted applications, a specially selected jury, composed of eminent art experts and artists, was to select three lucky winners who would enter the final game. His mind told him that he was not ready yet, that his works were not suitable for such a competition, and yet he began to imagine what it would be like to get a message that his drawings qualified for the finals.