37. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

Taehyung let the next lines of the song roll from his lips, filling the car with a low, sensual sound

Taehyung let the next lines of the song roll from his lips, filling the car with a low, sensual sound. His slender fingers tapped a beat on the steering wheel and his head nodded gently. When the singer started singing his favorite part, he chimed in loudly while turning his face towards the man sitting next to him.

As he did so, he noticed that Jeongguk was already looking at him. His soft lips adorned a broad smile, and his nose wrinkled charmingly. The tattoo artist grabbed his hand almost automatically. He lifted it to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on top of it, then returned his pattern to the road in front of him, continuing to sing.

"Jeon, don't be so stiff," he joked, glancing at him stealthily. "Sing with me!"

"No. I-I can't sing," the brunet replied quickly, clearly embarrassed by his request.

Until now, he'd only singed when he knew there was no one around to hear him. Such frivolous behavior is certainly not befitting a future CEO of The Jeon Electronics.

"Sure you can," Kim protested. "I heard you singing in the kitchen."

"At most, I was just muttering to myself. I don't sing."

"C'mon, Jeon!" the tattoo artist encouraged, then reached out and grabbed gently his chin with his hand, singing to him another line of the song.

The redhead sang surprisingly well. His low, beautiful voice acted as a balm to the soul. Jeongguk couldn't help but smile as he stared at him. Seeing the boy slowly begin to break, Kim sang the line of the song again, directing the words straight to him as if he were in dialogue with him. Even such simple words in those perfect lips sounded so damn indecent that Jeon felt his face flush. He couldn't take his eyes off the pierced tongue that danced in his mouth, wrapping smoothly around each consonant and caressing the vowels like the most tender lover. The young CEO was so fascinated by him that before he knew it, his own lips began to move, answering the tattoo artist with the words from the song.

Taehyung laughed out loud, pleased to finally make him submit to his will. He loved pulling him out of his shell, breaking his walls, and making him more confident with each passing day. He bit his bottom lip and looked at him with glittering eyes.

"I told you, you can sing," he said, folding his lips into a mischievous smile.

That arrogant asshole, he had a really beautiful smile, Jeon thought, but only snorted under his breath, not responding to his teasing. He leaned his head against the headrest and looked through the window at Seoul in the afternoon sun, yet he couldn't hide the smile that pressed against his lips.

They drove the rest of the way without talking. Taehyung made Jeongguk sing new lines with him every now and then, and the brunet succumbed to him every time. He hummed more words, laughing out loud. Jae chuckled as well, filling the car with his cute, childish laugh, even though some words were probably completely incomprehensible to him.