Nico - Questioning and Questions

"Who is the God of Medicine?"

"Um.. Apollo?"

I shook my head. "Close. Apollo is the God of Healing. His son Asclepius is the God of Medicine."

Percy took a breath. Just as promised, he came over after school to tutor. We spent some time working, then we talked, then we kissed, then we went back to work. I still couldn't actually believe Perseus Freaking Jackson kissed me. On purpose. Multiple times.

"You heal people with medicine! It's the same thing!"

I smiled. When Percy got frustrated, he puffed out his cheeks, which was really cute. I put down my flash cards. "Let's take a break."

He flashed me a smile and flopped down on my bed next to me. "Finally! I was seriously considering praying to the God of Wisdom."

"Goddess. It's Athena."

He sat up and pressed his lips against mine. "No more god talk. We're on break."

That shut me up.

We laid next to each other in silence. Well, everything is in silence for me, but it didn't feel awkward. I felt the mattress shift and looked over to see Percy had turned on his side to look at me. I did the same.

"Can I ask you something?" His lips read.

"Of course."

"How did you realize you were... I mean, how did you know you liked-"

"Boys?" I finished for him. He nodded, slightly embarrassed.

I took a second to think before responding. "Honestly, I think I've always known. I mean, I guess I really came to terms with it a few years ago. When I was in like, 7th grade, Reyna and I went to the mall together and a bunch of other 7th graders were there. Then one just came up to me and started flirting. I don't know if it was my long hair or that I was kind of thin but he thought I was a girl. Of course Reyna told him the truth but... I didn't want her to. Don't get me wrong, I never thought I was a girl. But I wanted guys to flirt with me the way they did with girls. I wanted guys to like me the way they did with girls. I guess that made me realize I was gay."

Percy stared at my intently. "What about you?" I asked. "Do you think you're gay?"

He took a moment before answering. "I'm... I'm not sure. I mean, before you, I've never liked guys before but.. I can't say I've ever been attracted to a girl either. I think the only time I even asked a girl out was because all my friends kept saying we'd look good together. And when she rejected me, I pretend to be all heartbroken with my friends, but really? I was relieved. I think I would've been sadder if she'd actually said yes."

I nodded. "It's okay to be confused y'know. It takes some time. I didn't just wake up one morning like 'oh look I'm gay now'."

Percy's smiled was back. He moved my hair out of my face and reached for my hand. I held it.

"Now, do you mind if I asked you something?"

"Not at all."

"What are we?"

I was scared of the answer. I didn't want this to be a one-time thing. I didn't want to be thrown to the side. But I had to know. My eyes were glued to Percy's lips. I didn't want to miss a thing he says.

"Nico, if you'll have me, I want to be your boyfriend. I want to be able to hold your hand and kiss you and go out on dates and tell people you're mine and-"

I moved over enough to kiss him. "I would love that. More than anything."

Percy shot up unexpectedly. "Then lets do that. Right now."

"Do what?"

Percy smiled and cupped my face in his hands. "Let me take you out on a date."

I could feel my face getting hot. Percy seemed very amused by this. He kissed my nose. I'll meet you in my car, okay!"

I didn't get to respond before he ran out of my room.

I smiled and put my textbook back in my bag. 

The gods will have to wait.

....

Really random question, but how do you spell it?
Theatre or Theater?

I always wrote theatre and someone told me I was spelling it wrong-

-Todoroni 🍝🧀