• Behaviours At Worst •

Nandini palmed her face as tears trickled down her cheeks.

She tried so fight back her tears but nothing helped.

Why are you ignoring me Manik, at leas tell me....meri galti to batao !
She thought and cried to herself

A knock brought her out of misery and she wiped her face frantically, grabbing a tissues she fixed her kajal and allowed the person in.

" Ma'am, Manik sir is calling you in the dorm, he seems angry "
Nandini took her phone and went down see what was going on.

" May I come in Mr Malhotra ? "

" You may Ms Vardhan "
He allowed her in with his cold voice

As soon as the door was closed Nandini went to him and said

" Manik what happened, the janitor told me you were tensed and angry "

" Well guess what Nandini I wouldn't have been so tensed and angry and God knows what all had you not been so careless and lose the documents needed for our merger with Belaschia "
Nandini widen her eyes fisting her hands as Manik angrily lashed out at her

" I had to fucking beg them to not background out, do you not know this is not just important for me and Cabir but also for Anam. Her company has also worked hard "
Nandini did not know what came over her and said

" What exactly are you mad about, is it about me losing the documents or is it that Anam has worked hard for it "

Manik was blazing with anger and held her arm tight

" You have the fucking audacity to act jealous after you fucking lose a document that was the key to my dream "
Nandini wiggled because of his tight hold on her. She was wearing a short sleeve blue blazer dress and her white hands were sure to turn red soon enough

" Manik kya kar rahe ho ! You're hurting me "
Her eyes turned moist seeing Manik behave like this

" I don't bloody damn care, you better find that document by the end of this week that is four days or the fifth day I want your resignation on my desk "

" Manik why are you doing this to me ? "
She asked with her voice filled with pain and Manik taunted her saying

" I would appreciate it better if you could address your boss with some damn respect "
With that he banged the door and left.

Nandini's POV
For past three days I've been disturbed, di told me about her past with Navya's brother. He was thier batchmate and he loved her but di was too much in love with that jerk Harshad. Di too was slightly attracted to him but she Harshad was always on her mind. Once when he tries to expose her di slapped him and said he's just a pervert who wants to sleep with her, they never talked again and ultimately Abhimanyu left the college. Dhruv and Alya di's engagement preparation is getting on my nerves and Manik behaving rudely with me is the worst thing that could happened. Today when he said that Anam's hard work is going in vain I felt like punching him, God it hurt so bad when he taunted me about him being just my boss. What is wrong with you Manik, are you actually over us !

End of POV

Nandini sighed and went towards the elevator avoiding any eye contact with any one.

" C'mon Manik stop being a kid, baat to Karo. I'm getting tired of all this drama, Aaj tumne mujhe indirectly incompetent bola. I'll prove ki Mai hai achhi employee hun but i hope I'm sab me hamara us na toot jaye"
She sighed getting frustrated of his behaviour.

She went to the washroom and washed heer face after fixing herself she came out and decided to look for the documents.

She went through the files kept in her table drawers and the cupboards for the next three hours but did not find the papers.

Alya was calling her constantly but she did not pick up as she was very frustrated.

Getting tired Nandini sat on her couch and called Alya

" Hi Di ! I'm so so sorry I didn't pick up your calls actually bohot kaam hai office mei "

" Aree it's all fine actually tujhe batana tha ki next to next week on Monday the engagement is fixed "

" Woah that's......... that's great "
She smiled genuinely being happy.

" Haa to this it's Wednesday today, let's meet on Tuesday what's say? "

" Sure di, achha I'll get back to you after a while okay "

" Haa take care bye. "
Once again she began searching for the papers but they seemed to have vanished

" I always kep digital copies at multiple places. Kahi to hoga, let's check in the pendrives. "
She plugged in a pen drive and scrolled down trying to find something that could help.

Nothing seemed to ease her tension. She moved out to get some coffee for herself from the cafe when her fellow worker Jay saw her and approached her

" Hey Nandini ! You seem upset ?! "

" Nothing much Jay, I'm just really tired. "

" I didn't see your car by the way "

" Oh yeah I took a cab "
She made up a quick excuse

" Eh if you don't mind I can drop you "

" C'mon Jay, it's alright. I'll manage "
Sh tried to refuse as politely as she could

" C'mon Nandini I'll drop "
He said in the same tone making her smile.

" Uhm ok I'll just grab my bag "

" Sure I'll be at the parking "
Nandini went up the elevator and grabbed her bag, just as the elevator door was about to close Manik stepped in making her suck in her breath.

He eyed her and then leaned against wall.

The lift moved down and Manik frowned when he saw Nandini going towards Jay.

" Mr Kapoor you are going somewhere along with Ms Vardhan ? "

" Oh sir yes, Nandini had booked a cab while coming to office today so I wanted to save her a ride "
Manik seemed to have no emotions in his eyes anymore and said

" Sure continue with your ride. Have fun "
Before Nandini could decipher he was gone

***
I was really disturbed, my German Shepherd has tumor, though it's curable still it's hard. Please pray for my baby

Also please comment, vote and