• Her Resignation •

I need inline comments
***_***
Nandini took in a breath and went in to Manik's cabin with an envelope in her hand. Placing it she looked around and then went to sit on the couch waiting for it.

Soon enough Manik entered and looked at Nandini dozing off. Clearing his throat he said

“ Nandini ! ”
Hearing him Nandini woke up at once. She stood up and silently went towards his desk and took the big envelope in her hands and gave it to him.

“ Itne bade envelope me apna resignation dene ayi ho ? ”
His cold and smug reply made her want to shove a stick down his gut

“ You wish Mr Malhotra, but guess what these are the documents that were supposedly lost by me. This pretty much shows my credibility and also that mai yaha apne dam pe hu...kisi ke ehsaan ki wajah se nahi ”
With that said she turned around and went outside clicking her heels against the floor.

As soon as Nandini went out, the frown on Manik's face was replaced by a smile as he proceeded to open the envelope.

***_***

“ Let's get this one thing straight, I don't care about any meeting, any tender or any project ay all. I just want one thing and that is your presence at my engagement. Ab tum excuses mat banana Dhruv baat kar raha hai Manik se ”
Alya finalised and Nandini sighed looking at the floor and then nodded giving Alya a smile.

Dhruv too came in dragging Manik with him who was whining about something.

“ God what's wrong with you Manik, why are you behaving like a kid. You're here to hang out before my engagement and you are crying God knows why. Just sit down and dare you move that ass, I'll just go and check everything with my event organiser I mean Mukti's boss and Dhruv you follow me. ”
Manik sat on his place like an obedient child.

Nandini was feeling conscious but did not look at him once.

“ Kaam kar liya poora ? ”
Manik asked who glared at him and said

“ Yes sir I've completed file reading and made out a report on your Hyderabad project. Along with it I've sorted your schedule. Now if you need something please don't call me for the next three hours ”
Manik frowned like a child but then said

“ Ham office ke bahar hai Manik bula sakti ho. ”
It warmed her but as soon as she remembered his behaviour she turned around and got busy in her magazine

Bipolar kahi ka !

“ Ignore kar rahi ho ? ”
She again turned and this actually hurt him but he plastered a smile on his face when he saw Dhruv and Alya coming.

“ Ok where the hell are Mukti and Cabir ? ”

“ On a date I guess, just kidding. Cabir had to leave last night for Goa. Waha Mai office mei aag lag gayi thi. Mukti too is travelling these days, her contracts are pretty demanding just like her job ”
Alya was sad hearing to Manik but Nandini said

“ Don't worry I'm sure they'll be back soon. No one's gonna miss your engagement di. ”

“ Anyways it's already 8. What do you guys wanna eat ? ”

“ Chinese ! ”
Manik and Nandini yelled at the same time.

Alya muttered kids and went to ordered food.

Dhruv sat there watching the tension between the boss and assistant.

“ Guys can we talk you're making me nervous ”
Dhruv whined and Nandini spoke

“ Nervous ? We're making you nervous or your engagement is ? ”

“ Both I guess ”
Manik chuckled at his dummy friend's reply and said

“ What are you getting scared of Dhruv ? It's Alya, your Aloo. You guys have been together for years, ek dusre se itna to pyaar karte ho. Just hold her hand and let things go with the flow ”
Nandini was influenced by his words.

What is lacking between us. Why are we falling apart Manik
She looked at him and thought but found tears in her own eyes.

“ Guys I need to use the washroom ”
Saying she went to one of the rooms and let her tears fall as she went in and closed the washroom door.

Nandini was a strong girl but in matters involving her heart, she was no different. Those days spent with Manik were filled with love and now suddenly his rude and mean behaviour was breaking her heart

As she opened the door there stood Manik who looked like a deer caught while trying to run away from its hunter.

Woh Alya tumhe bula rahi hai ”
Nandini was about to go when she felt a tug on her wrist and turned to see Manik holding her hand.

He bent a little and places a chaste kiss on her temple causing a small smile to break out on her face.

“ I am sorry ”
He mumbled against her skin

“ Kisliye ”

“ I wish I could tell you but I can't ”
Nandini didn't know what to do, they broke apart when Manik's phone, which was in his hand, rang.

Anahita

Nandini frowned seeing her name on his phone.

He moved aside and said

“ Hey Hi I'm so sorry I'm missed your call kuchh kaam tha ”
He motioned Nandini to leave and she went from there muttering all kind of abuses.

The dinner was a fun affair as they played dum charades.

“ I'll get us ice creams ”
Alya brought some ice-creams and MaNan ate with a constant eye contact.

After eating Manik took his coat from the sofa and said coming close to her

“ Chalo Ghar chhod deta hun ”
Nandini looked at him with hurt filled eyes and said

“ Chhod to rahe ho”
With that said she went out and sat in her own car

“ Dhruv kya hua aise kyu dekh rahe ho ? ”

“ Ye Manik aur Nandini ke beech kuch chal raha hai kya ? ”
Alya nervously smiled looking at her fiancee.

Why would you ask that ? ”

“ I just feel it, the way Manik looks at her is just......... different. Nandini's special, special for Manik ”
With that said he moved to his room while Alya followed him.

***
Please vote, comment and follow me I really need your support

Much Love
Vishakha ✨