*Chapter 31*

Depuis le début

"Gracie is beyond pissed Lando... seems like something happened when Yanique visited ... poor Yanique. I know what she's going through being pregnant and judged by her family. Bwoy oh bwoy! We Christians swear we have wings and our spot already in heaven waiting for us" she tells me.

"Yanique wanted to surprise you mum, this wasn't how we intended for you to find out.Mek mi find out a wah gwan and den mi call yuh back"

I am eager to find out Yanique's whereabouts and I really want to know what the fuck happened at her house.

"Alright ... congrats mi son, I'm happy for you both, despite the way I found out it doesn't take away from the fact that I'm genuinely happy." She cheerfully tells me. I can picture the smile on her face.

I don't say anything , as I'm about to end the call she says , " Lando don't mek di hate for her family cloud your judgment now enu... remember Yanique and your child"

How di fuck she always duh Dat?

I hang up and instantly start to reconsider my decision with my mother's voice replaying inside my head like a fucking scratch CD.

I need to call Yanique.

"Alexa call Yan"

I hear the robotic voice confirmed my request "Calling Yan🤎 BbyMom"

The phone rings straight to voicemail and I clench my teeth before placing another call but this time a message pops up from Lawrence.

*Got a name ... tonight*

My mind decrypts his coded message and immediately I shoot him a response without putting too much thought into it.

*Unavailable .... Deal wid it*

The phone rings to voicemail again and I try a third time but still no luck.

No fucking way I can go on a mission when chaos is surrounding my bloodclaat woman.

I now realized I haven't been able to share this news with any of my family members the way I wanted to.

Probably if she did breed fi a doctor, or police she would have it much better , perhaps dinner with the family and dem pop a champagne and celebrate.

But just the thought of her doing this with someone else makes my fucking blood boil.

I check her location and I'm almost relaxed when I see that she's at my house.

How did she get there?

I'm more than certain her parents wouldn't bring her back to my place and she didn't drive!

I go from being so close to relaxed to worried and angry within seconds.

Wah di fuck a gwan!

Yanique's POV

5:16pm

I woke up from my nap that lasted under 2 hours which is unlike me to ever not be able to sleep. I could sleep through world war without being fazed.

Naaa... too extra!

Now that the war is happening inside my head , I can't seem to turn off my thoughts long enough to get some rest.

I get off the bed and stretch.

"You okay girl?" I hear Jessica ask, I jump up in fright.

I didn't realize she is still here, I turn around to face her. My eyes land on her perfect smile and she starts to giggle .

"I thought you left" I give her a sleepy smile before I yawn and stretch my hands over my head.

"Nope not yet, thought I'd stick around so you wouldn't be here alone in this big ass house"

Alone?

Lando is not home as yet.

I instantly feel empty inside.

I should call him to let him know Jessica gave me a ride home from my parents house. When I got back earlier I was too distorted to even think straight.

The last thing I want is for him to show up at my parents house looking for me.

Oh no.

I quickly look around for my phone.

Jessica gets up from the couch and takes my phone from the bedside table.

"I had to put it on silent , it was going off...here" she hands it to me before she sits back in the couch.

"Thanks"

I check my notifications

Patrice : anytime yuh deh roun yuh man a suh yuh behave like yuh cya answa mi call dem. Girl mi finally find the gal instagram page..Mi tell yuh she is not just a friend😔

Patrice: prepare fi bail mi!

Patrice: then a bun mi really a get and yuh cya answa!

5 Missed call from Patrice

8 Missed calls from Miss Wright

12 Missed calls from Dad

15 missed calls from Mom

Lando: everyting gov babe?

4 Missed calls from Lando

Wow !
I've only been asleep for under 2 hours , just imagine if I was gone for a day!

I immediately respond to Patrice letting her know how sorry I am for missing her calls and hearing that Nick is actually cheating on her.

Such a wasteman

I mean , look at Patrice. She's beautiful, smart and ambitious. He definitely lost a good one.

I ignore the calls from my parents , I wonder why Miss Wright was calling.

My phone starts ringing , it's Patrice. I answer her call and she waste no time in filling me in on everything , not missing a single detail, especially the ones about Mr. new guy who will be taking her out tomorrow night.

It amazes me how she can just move on in a sec , literally it hasn't been a day since she confirm he's cheating.I would be crying a river right now had it been me.

We spend the next ten minutes on the phone. Jessica then ask me if she can get something to drink and I tell her where to find the kitchen before resuming to Patrice.

"Girl I don't think you should have cut up di man Clarks dem" I tell her and she starts laughing deviously.

"He had it coming girl! Mi cut up di Gucci and Balenciaga dem too!!."

Time flies as we continue chatting and I somehow forgot I was just at my breaking point. I haven't even mentioned anything to Patrice or Jessica about what happened earlier with my parents, or ask for any advice how to break the news to Lando.

Omg Lando! I forgot to return his calls.