xiv

↳ ❝🍓 [chapters 14] ¡! ❞🚬

FEET SLAP AGAINST BROKEN-UP sidewalk pavement, brushing against the tuffs of weeds growing between the cracks. Yoongi and Hoseok walk side by side. They walk in unison, as one. Theft foot then right at the same place and cadence. Hoseok's talking about something, he couldn't tell you. Yoongi was too busy texting Eva to pay any more attention beyond agreeing hums and inattentive nods.

"Hold this." He spoke suddenly, passing off his cigarette to Hoseok so he could type properly. Hoseok glanced over at him and took his cigarette, placing it between his own lips. Like the nosey man he was, Hoseok looked over Yoongi's shoulder to see what he was texting. "Are you confessing your love to lil' mama?"

Yoongi turned off his phone as if he had something to hide. He was just texting her about dinner as he always did. It's what all their conversations over text consisted of. "Get the fuck out of my business." He was defensive. This was his only contact with Eva, the only way he could still be with her, even if it was through a screen. He held his phone to his chest like it was Eva herself.

Hoseok scoffed with a careless roll of his eyes. "I can't believe you're starting to choose a girl over me, your own homie." He placed his hand on his chest, brows pulled with the poor imitation of pain.

Yoongi placed his cigarette from Hoseok and took another drag. "You're so dramatic. You came over for dinner just the other day." Up ahead was the intersection where they would go their separate ways. Yoongi would turn left to get to Eva's house while Hoseok would continue straight to get to their shared house.

"I'll be home later." Later could mean anything from 2 hours to 2 in the morning. Hoseok didn't really concern himself with the affairs he chooses to partake in and Yoongi showed him the same respect. They come home when they come home and that's that. Unless one of them got the shit kicked out of them, they didn't dare question anything.

Hoseok steps off the curb and onto the empty street. He turns around and walks backward. "I can't wait to be an uncle! I call giving them their middle name." He yells obnoxiously loud like there aren't people on the street.

Yoongi raised his hand and flipped him off bringing a grin to Hoseok's lips. He turns on his heels with a casual salute and reaches behind his ear for a pre-rolled joint.

He leaves Yoongi alone, footsteps retreating into the distance until it's only the rhythmic tapping of his own feet as he kicks up dirt and pebbles. To the beat of his feet, Yoongi plays with his pocketknife, flicking it in and out to admire it in the moonlight. The blade his sharp, cleaned from the blood of the man he stabbed.

Yoongi refused to bring his glock with him to Eva's house. He didn't want her to get hurt in a fully preventable accident. Her house was a sanctuary, no guns allowed. But he wouldn't go anywhere without some sort of protection. So knife it was.