xi

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 11] ¡! ❞🚬

DARKNESS OVERTOOK THE LIGHT OF DAY and the world was drowned darkness with only the pale face of the moon to guide them through this scary world. Crime ran rampant through the city. Deals were occuring on nearly every corner, shifty gazes exchanged through the thinly veiled distrust between buyer and seller like the police would roll up any second now to take them away. Gangs roam the streets with the only goal being to protect their territory. They aren't afraid to let shots fire at first sign of opposition.

Yoongi sat on a wooden park bench sectioned away from the others while they drank and did their copious amounts of various drugs to numb whatever unique brand of pain happened to be. He wanted to be alone. His cigarette perched between the long, pale fingers of his right hand and a bottle of whiskey in his left.

He felt numb. A toxic combination of alcohol and nicotine in his veins. He no longer felt the pain in his limbs, just dazed and buzzed.

Yoongi coddled his bottle like a baby and drank whole mouthfuls at a time. Self-destruction wasn't an unfamiliar emotion to him. It came with the wind for a fleeting moment and suddenly the idea of getting hammered and absolutely obliterating any sense of consciousness he had left was utterly and entirely appealing to him. Life was hard. His life was even harder.

It's not that Yoongi wanted to be dead, no he wasn't suicidal (yet). It was more that he'd rather he not have been born in the first place. And if he could go back and time and tell his mother of all the pain he and their family would go through and that they were better off just never having children in the first place, they could save everyone the pain.

Yoongi rolled his head back against the cold metal of the bench, eyes gazing up at the glittering stars surrounding the moon which was partially covered by the shadow of the Earth. They were all up there, together, friends. He wondered if even with so many of them up there if they ever felt alone. They were millions of lightyears away from each other, so far that by the time they saw each other, they'd only be able to see the past of the other, never in their current form. For all they know, their friend could be dead, one of those stars that flickered out and died in some cataclysmic burst which triggered a whole new galaxy to be created out of stardust and dying wishes.

They were watching someone who was already dead and could only see what they once were as if it were the current moment.

The thought made Yoongi depressed.

He felt that way sometimes. Seen yet unseen, heard yet silenced. Already dead and yet, people interacted with him like he was still alive. Yoongi was a recluse, that was the whole reason he wasn't with the others like Hoseok was.

The only time he didn't feel alone was when he was with Eva. They hadn't known each other long, but he felt seen, heard. He was alive near her.

But what if it wasn't him who was being gazed upon millions of lightyears away? What if he was gazing at her? She was the start who has already gone out in glory and created something breathtakingly gorgous from her dramatic death.