vii

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 07] ¡! ❞🚬

"I SHOULD KICK your ass." Yoongi seethed upon seeing Hoseok on their corner beside the store, the spot they usually claim as theirs for all their dealings. Hoseok had just gotten done with one, tucking a wad of cash into his pocket while watching the white-haired bull marching towards him.

He took the blunt he had tucked behind his ear and placed it between his rosy lips as he took a lighter from his other pocket. "The fuck did I do?" Yoongi has only come up to him Hoseok so aggressively a handful of time, mostly because of some dumb shit Hoseok did. But all of those times, Hoseok knew what dumb shit he did. This was the first time he was in the dark.

"Bringing Eva to that party, dipshit. Why would you take her there? You know she doesn't belong in a place like that. Plus, you fucking lost her in the crowd." He shoved the you her man's shoulders, pushing him against the wall. "You're so fucking lucky she managed to find me. Anything could have happened to her!"

There's a switch in Hoseok that flicks and the cheery, carefree, sparkle in his eyes fall flat. Melted pools of chocolate turn to the blinding solar eclipse. The sun is gone. Everyone seems to forget that he's a part of a gang too. They see his smile, the casual flirtation in the way he talks and forget that he's just as dangerous as the rest of them. They underestimate him and never take it to account that he had blood on his hands as well.

Hoseok took his time. He flicked his lighter once, twice, then lit the end of his blunt. He took a long drag, calm, scarily composed after getting shoved. Finally, he looks at Yoongi with eyes that tell him "don't put your fucking hands on me again".

Yoongi didn't even budge.

"Well I didn't mean to lose her and when I realized she was gone I tried looking for her. Then I saw you two together so there was no point." His voice was low and dark and nowhere near provocative. "And I thought that it would be nice to invite her. So yes, crusify me for trying to be nice to her."

He took another long, calming drag of his blunt. "I know you like her, Yoon. You wouldn't be doing all this shit if you didn't. I'm just tryna make sure you don't fucking die alone." Of everything, Hoseok's worried about Yoongi dying without ever being loved, without ever being in love.

Yoongi scoffed, his arms coming to cross tightly over his chest. He refused to admit that he liked Eva because if he did, that would make it true and real and then he would have to constantly watch her to make sure she didn't get shot or kidnapped. To be the protector of her sweet, untainted innocence.

Yoongi didn't like Eva. He didn't like how pretty she was, how her long lashes bat all innocent like, curtains over her eyes that in just the right light look like warm cups of hot cocoa after coming in on a day of biting cold.

And with that settled, he now has to go and make sure she was okay. He didn't like her but he was about to continue concerning himself with with her wellbeing.