xv

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 15] ¡! ❞🚬

"YEOW! YEOW! YEOW!"

This damn cat. He's been screaming at the door for the past half hour. He refuses to let Yoongi sleep until they're both screaming at each other in completely different rooms. He tried to ignore it at first, hoping that Oreo would eventually settle down with time. But 20 minutes in, Yoongi had come to realize that Oreo wasn't doing to give it up until he got what he wanted.

'What?!" Yoongi wails out in desperation. If this is what children are like, keep them very, very far from him. Sleep deprivation can make a usually sane person do the most unruly of things. He's heard those stories of parents shaking their babies because they won't stop screaming.

Yoongi slowly rises, stretching similarly to the way Oreo might have, and shuffles his way over into the kitchen to see that Oreo is sitting at the door, screaming with his little nub of a tail stiff and straight. Yoongi assumes he wanted to go back outside and go about his life. What a freeloading cat. Come in, get fed, get bathed, and then get the fuck out. He supposes he can't judge, it's exactly what he's doing.

Oreo turned as Yoongi sluggishly dragged himself into the kitchen. He always seemed to be reading his soul, his pale green eyes freckled with flakes of gold. There should be nothing within them, the simplicity of animal eyes offer no true complexity. They are simple beings with simple needs. So the...human-ness in his eyes are unsettling.

Yoongi walks over and opens the back door to let Oreo out. If he wanted to go, Yoongi felt like he was in no place to object.

Plus, he didn't want to share Eva's affection. There could only be one.

Oreo ran out the door and Yoongi closed it without a second thought. He was too tired to care right now, his thought were in a tunnel vision, everything else meant absolutely fucking nothing compared to going back to sleep wrapped up in one of Eva's blankets. It smelled just like her, like flowers, freshly baked pastries, an first love.

Yoongi doesn't waste any time going back to sleep with his face buried in her pillows and the blanket over his head. He refuses to wake up for anything beyond the weighted creaking of her staircase as Eva stumbles downstairs, just as sleepy as he is. She should come down and lie down on top of him, he wished would.

"Good morning, Yoongi." She yawned, scratching her head through the silk cap of her bonnet before removing it. She managed to keep her braids looking fresh and shiny like she just got them braided and they were still tightened to her scalp.

Incoherent groans were his response as he rubbed the remaining sleepiness from his bleary gaze. He looked endlessly adorable when he first woke up. Messy tangles of fluffy white hair cover tired eyes not fully opened and ready to accept the brightness of the world. His cheeks are puffy and shaded in rose. She wants to kiss his cheeks, tell him he's the cutest man she's ever seen. He'll grumble at being called cute and she'll change it to handsome.