xxix

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 29] ¡! ❞🚬

The idea of leaving had never been more transparent. They were closer, now more than ever it seemed and the pressure to get out and get straight pressed heavily on Yoongi's shoulders. He figured the best start was getting a job, a real job. Become some blue-collar, straight-laced worker who can say their money was clean and honest. 

Turns out it wasn't as easy as it sounds. You can't really put that on Yoongi. He's never had to apply to an actual job before.

Eva has simply suggested him to get a job so he'd have something better to do rather than sit around the house all day. Do something productive with time and actually get paid for it. She didn't want him to simply wait for when she got off of work so he can pick her up all day.

He was living in Eva's house without pay so the least he could do was get a job and help pay the bills.

"Well, it's harder to get a job with a criminal record." He spoke disgruntledly. Not many wanted to hire a non-white man with a record, even if none of them were necessarily felonies. He has committed felonies before, don't get him wrong. He certainly had blood on his hands from many life choices which lead him astray, but it was nothing he'd been legally prosecuted for. 

That caught Eva off guard. For once, she was torn away from her cooking shows to look at him. "You have a criminal record?" It was an obvious assumption to make. He was literally in a street gang which could be considered a crime in and of itself. It would be fucking amazing if his record was squeaky clean like hers.

Yoongi looked at her as if he expected her to know that. When Eva blinked blankly at him he scoffed at her. It was adorable that she thought so well of him, sad that time and time again he has to tell her he's really not all that great of a person. "I was in a gang. Of course, I have a criminal record." He says before searching around for a nicotine patch for his stress.

"So..." She was kind of curious now. Eva was always eager to find out more about him, even if it was particularly good stuff. "How long did you go to jail for?"

"14 months at a minimum-security prison." He says nonchalantly, taking a nicotine patch to put it on his bicep. "It was a while ago when I was 19. I was really reckless."

His words only made Eva's curiosity amplify. "What did you do?" Her attention was fully on him. Her chocolate eyes were wide with wonder. It was always so interesting to hear about Yoongi's life and stories. He's experienced so much, lived so much of a life and he's hardly even scratching 3 decades of existing.

Yoongi closed his eyes, trying to remember what he was sentenced for. It was a long which ago. He's long pushed his memories inside to the side. "Just minor misdemeanors. Underaged drinking, drinking while driving, petty theft, and minor assault and battery."