xxiv

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 24] ¡! ❞🚬

YOONGI SLEEPS AT EVA'S HOUSE FOR A week before things fall back into their usual way of life. Eva makes breakfast and drinks tea with slightly too much sugar while Yoongi sleepily sips on plain black coffee and takes care of Oreo. Their mornings are quiet and serene. No words are exchanged between them in these first few moments of their day, just the quiet shuffling of her feet, Oreo meowing, and a few tired groans. Domestic tranquility.

Yoongi would do anything to protect this, to ensure that she and this life of hers would remain safe and untouched by the world around them.

Eva got her window fixed a few days after Hoseok came over and by then, they had replaced most of the things that had been broken. They weren't made of money so obviously, all the replacements were cheap but it was good enough for now. Yoongi paid for half of the stuff himself.

There was no question about who did this to Eva. Yoongi wasn't a fucking idiot, it's not a coincidence that on the same night he snapped at Trey. That's all he could focus on, to seek bitter revenge on the fucker. But he was helpless, all he could do right now was be Eva's personal bodyguard. That meant sleeping in the living room with his gun right beside him, ready to stop whatever decided to come through that door, taking Eva to and from work, and talking to Hoseok about what they could possibly do.

"Yoongi- stop." Eva finally has to say something. He's going to burn himself out if he keeps this up. She can hear his mind working, the cogs turning in his head far too fast to be functional for very long.

He looked at his dainty girlfriend with confusion. "What do you mean stop?" How could he possibly stop when nothing guaranteed her safety?

"I mean stop!" She presses harder, raising her voice at him as much as she could. Eva wasn't very good at yelling at people and being taken seriously. "You're gonna kill yourself trying to find out who did this! Just stop it! I just want to move on with my life..with you." Eva takes his hand in hers and forces Yoongi to sit down on the couch. "Stop thinking so hard about this. Take a break."

Yoongi watches as Eva slaps down on her new coffee table scissors, a shopping bag, and a comb. "You are gonna help me take out my braids," She grabs a pillow from the couch and tossed it down on the floor between Yoongi's legs.

Yoongi looked unamused. "This is your idea of me taking a break?" It seemed simple enough. He's seen people take out there braids before. He lived in a predominently black neighborhood most of his life so he was no stranger to it. "Is this just an excuse to get me to help you take out your braids."

Eva's lips pursed and his eyes shifted side to side without ever meeting Yoongi's gaze. "No..." She's quick to move on. "It's not that hard, just cut towards the end of the braid and then unravel it, just don't pull too hard." Eva grabbed the scissors from the table, looking closely at where her hair ends in the braid and cuts a few inches down just in case. She used the end of the rat-tail comb to undo the braid and pull away the additional extension to reveal her natural hair.