-⩩ › ꜰʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ(?)

Not a single soul was near the walkway my room had been assigned to. And for the door that stood before me...

Was the door labelled, "Exit".

"I-"

"I was finally going to be free."

Silently.

Movements agile and quick.

Still sweating, unable to believe what just happened and my miraculous luck, I tiptoed off the bed whilst making as little noise as possible.

And suddenly, I felt pain all over my body, as if I've been simultaneously injected by needles, over and over and over again.

They've found me....

False alert.

I forgot to take off the needles injected into me.

The adrenaline that was rushing through my veins finally seemed to slow down, my heartbeat returning to normal.

In order to avoid suspicion, I immediately ripped the needles off, only caring about the pain later.

After I escaped.

"Had they caught me, unique or not, I'd probably be killed already" I shivered at that possibility, at the same time pretty grateful it hadn't happened.

The heart rate monitor dropped to 0, signifying the loss of a heartbeat as I tore the monitor out.

I ran to the door,

With a heart full of hope, I opened it, to be greeted by...

Broad daylight.

At this point, I don't think I could even believe my eyes anymore. I was free.

But what do I even do now?

If I told police, would they even believe me?

I started picturing the unrealistic scenario in my head.

"Hey police, there's a gang of weird people who want to capture me and use me for i don't even know what-"

Ugh, whatever.

•⋅────⋅ 永 ⋅────⋅•