14. A New Chapter

When Louis came through and once again gained full consciousness he turned his head and looked at the sleeping and stunning omega by his side. Harry was curled up next to him, breathing relaxed through his partly open lips and his curls were all over the place. He reached out and moved them away from his face as he gently turned so he was facing him completely, careful not to wake him up. That had been one hell of a rut! He smiled fondly as he started to recall what had happened during the past few days. There had been crazy needs, quick and hard times but also slow and vulnerable connections, more worshipping each other to the edge than just chasing the release. They had been so connected on so many levels that the myth of the perfect mate had been confirmed once more in Louis' mind and soul. His eyes travelled from the beautiful face and down to Harry's neck and his eyes widened as he saw the mating mark just above Harry's right shoulder. He did that, and Harry had begged him to, they were forever now connected and tied together. His hand came out to gently caress it as something within him clicked in place. This was his home, this was all he would ever need. Just Harry and everything was perfect.

"I'll always be yours my sweet omega" he whispered as he leaned in and gave the mark a light peck. "Always mine, always yours" he heard whispered so low he almost thought it was his own mind, but when he pulled back he was met with a pair of shiny green eyes and a dimpled smile and his body immediately tingled as Harry caressed just above Louis' right shoulder, where he had left a mark identical to his own. Louis had never thought about getting himself marked, but when Harry had asked if he could do it, Louis had felt such a strong desire that he hadn't hesitated at all, and he longed for the symbol of his connection to his omega. They had both felt a whole new level of love and passion as they had mated, and Louis would forever cherish that moment deep in his heart. He connected their lips in a deep and lovely kiss, one that showed Harry exactly how much he meant to him and how lucky he felt to have him forever in his life.

The following weeks felt almost like a honeymoon to them. The days were full of smiles and they worked really well together as Harry settled in to his new role as Louis' assistant. The nights were spent in the most intimate of ways, and somehow it never seemed like they could get enough of each other, as they almost every night fell asleep knotted together. Harry loved their new life together, but he had some trouble regarding his new position, and he didn't want to bother Louis with it, as it could be interpreted as a benefit from the CEO if Louis were to help him, and he knew very well that Louis would do anything to help him, so he hesitated to get him involved. It all had to do with an Alpha named Bruce, who always made trouble when Harry tried to arrange things with him on Louis' behalf. It was always a bad time, a wrong place or Harry was incompetent and had forgot to sent him something. Harry knew that it had nothing to do with that, as he always made sure to doublecheck everything and nobody else complained or had any questions. If he were to judge by the arrogance, the namecalling and the angry growling every time Bruce spoke to him, it had everything to do with Harry being an omega. One day he had had enough and when Bruce once again went on a rant about Harry's lack of ability to do his job, he lost it. Unfortunately a couple of the other employees heard the conversation, or Harry's half of it anyway, and that did not go down well. Several of them told him to quit, that he had only gained the position because he was this month's boytoy or threatened to complain to Louis and the board.

Harry went home, on the verge of crying, and called Gemma to help him feel better. "Hey Haz. What's up?" She happily answered the phone, and Harry immediately felt bad for ruining her mood. "Hi Gems. Sorry to bother you, I just didn't know who else to call." He said slowly as he tried to keep himself together. "No, no, no, nothing to apologize for. You can always call me, and you know that! What happened sweety?" Harry took a deep breath and told her everything Bruce had done and said, all culminating with the argument earlier that day. He finished while crying silently and tears streamed down as he took a shaky breath. "Oh Haz, he really does sound like a douchebag! I don't think the problem is you, or your position as an assistent. Honestly I think he is jealous, of either your job or the fact that you're with Louis. Have you told them you're mated yet?" "No, only Louis' parents know about that. We didn't want it to affect everything. Maybe that was a mistake..." Harry wondered out loud. "Maybe, I think you have to talk to Louis about this." "Maybe, but I don't want to get him involved if I don't have to" They said their goodbyes and Harry pondered what his choices were before he was startled by a pair of arms that wrapped around him from behind. Louis placed a kiss on his neck and gave him a squeeze. "What's wrong Haz? You seemed troubled..."

"It's nothing sweety. How was the rest of your Day? What did the doctors say to your Dad?" Louis frowned but decided to let it slide. "He's not getting any better, but they've managed to slow it down a bit so that's good. My Dad really liked your idea about the anomynous job applications you came up with, that way it'll only depend on the qualifications and not the gender. I already told HR to use the system. Well done baby." He smiled and Harry just had to kiss him as a Thank you for listening to his inputs regarding the Companys management and recruiting. They talked a bit more about the company while they ate dinner, and decided to spent the evening in the pool to cool down and relax. Harry enjoyed the water and they both swam some laps before just hanging on the edge, side by side and watching the sunset. The Way the soft gloomy light played on Louis' face made Harry all mushy on the inside and he couldn't believe that this gorgeous creature was his mate, his forever. "What are you thinking about Curly?" Louis smiled as he caught him staring at him once more. "You, me, this..." Harry smirked. "I just don't know how I got so lucky that you're mine" he moved closer to Louis and pulled him in for a tight embrace. Louis squeezed him back just as tight "I'm the lucky one" he whispered as he started to kiss Harry's neck and he ran his lips across the mating mark.

Harry pulled on Louis' hair as he let out a moan and kissed him harshly and fiercely, trapping him between the side of the pool and himself. Louis gasped, surprised by the control the omega showed and turned on by the pure lust and need that radiated from his omega. This was all he wanted to do, satisfy every need and want the omega would ever have, and nothing else mattered as long as Harry was happy. Harry kept the control as he tugged on Louis' hair again and pulled his head backwards so he could gain access to his neck and started to nipple behind his ear and down to his nipples, enjoying the way his alpha let him have complete control over him and just went pliant under his touches. "Oh god! Haz...I need you" Harry enjoyed hearing Louis almost beg for him to get a move on, and he decided to grant the wish. He found Louis' mouth and while kissing him, dragged him up the stairs and over to the lounge chairs where he pushed Louis down before turning around and ligning himself up to Louis' member. Louis took a firm grip on his hips and Harry could feel him shake from trying to hold back the mountain of desire that threatened to swallow them both. Harry pushed himself down while letting out a loud moan, and Louis growled from finally being inside his omega. "Oh fuck, yes, oh god! Jesus Harry, you feel fucking amazing" Louis kept praising him as Harry leaned slightly backwards so he could tuck on Louis' hair as he moved up and down faster and faster. The feeling, the sounds, Louis' praise, it all felt overwhelming and Harry felt on the edge very quickly. "Lou, I'm gonna...oh god..." Harry moaned as he began to have trouble keeping the rythm. "I got you babe, let go for me" Louis whispered as he grapped Harrys hips tighter and started to buck up into him, taking control and after a few thrusts he kissed the mating mark on Harry, and they both came hard and loudly. All trouble long forgotten as they fell asleep outside, covered by a single blanket and feeling on top of the world.