12. New Job description

"What did it say?" Gemma asked when he entered the living room. "I haven't looked at it yet" Harry replied as he nervously sat on the couch. "What if I am Gems? I'm no where near ready to be a father! We've only just found each other. What if he leaves me? I can't live without him Gems!" Harry rambled and grew more and more in distress. "Deep breath Harry, take it easy. We don't know if you are yet, and Louis is not going anywhere. He looks at you like you're his whole world." She tried to calm him down but Harry felt like he could barely breath and his chest tightened as he felt like passing out. "Harry! Look at me! It's going to be alright, you have to calm down, please!" Gemma begged as Harry focused on her face and fought to regulate his breathing. It took a few deep breaths before he could relax a bit and Gemma hugged him tight. "It's alright, it's all gonna be alright. Okay?" She asked as she let him go and he took a deep breath, rubbed his hands down his face and sighed "yeah, i know. It's just a lot Gems". "I know sweety. I know. Do you want me to look or do it your self?" "I'll do it" he said as he stood up and shook his shoulders to relieve some of the tension before he walked to the bathroom. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, looked at the stick and hesitated a bit before he turned it over.

One line. He wasn't pregnant. He stared at it for a while before he walked towards the living room with the test still in his hand. "What does it say sweety?" Gemma asked as she walked towards hin. He looked at the test again, before looking at his sister and he suddenly started crying which surprised both himself and Gemma as well. "Hey, take it easy! What happened Harry? What does the test say?" "It's...negative!" He managed to say between two sobs. Gemma held him close and somehow managed to get them both to the couch and Harry cuddled up in a ball around her as she gently stroke his hair and back and tried to comfort him and help him come down. He eventually fell asleep with his head in her lap and his arms hugging her waist. She didn't know what to do so she just continued to stroke his hair and waited for Louis to return.

About an hour later Louis came home and found Harry sleeping in Gemma's lap and her sleeping with her head on the back of the couch and her arms protectively wrapped around her brother. He gently shook her shoulder to wake her up so they could go to bed, and she yawned as she opened her eyes. "You're back" she said. "Yeah, just walked in." She sighed and looked down at Harry. "I think that you two need to talk, and I gotta go and catch my flight soon." "Talk? About what? What's wrong?" Louis immediately looked closer at Harry and noticed his slightly puffed eyes. "Has he been crying? Gemma, what's wrong? What happened?" "It's not my place to tell you, but don't worry. You're both gonna be okay. Just promise me to take care of him and be there for him, please!" "Always! Gemma please tell me what it is." "No, i gotta go so you two can talk" she gently woke Harry up and stood up from the couch to gather her stuff. Soon she said her goodbyes and left for the airport. Harry wouldn't look at Louis and Louis felt so helpless as he noticed the distress of his omega. "Sweetheart, what happened?" He gently asked as he held onto Harry's hips. Harry let out a deep breath and kept his gaze downwards. "I don't really know to be honest. I thought it was what I wanted but then it wasn't anymore and I'm just so confused. Reliefed but disappointed at the same time and it took me by surprise that's all." "Come sit down with me, and explain please, cause you're not making any sense Haz." As they sat on the couch Louis noticed the test laying on the floor and he froze, "is that...are you..." Louis couldn't finish his question and looked bewildered at Harry. "It is and I'm not, no. It's negative" Harry looked down at his hands and tried to keep himself together as all of the emotions came back once more. "Haz, please look at me" Louis said in a soft tone, but Harry couldn't. He was too afraid to see Louis' reaction, he didn't even understand his own yet. Louis gently grapped his chin and forced him to look up and into his eyes. "My sweet, sweet omega" he said as he placed a gentle kiss on Harry's lips and pulled him in for a tight hug. Harry crawled onto his lap and cuddled into Louis while inhaling his calming scent. "I'm sorry" he whispered. "No need to be. Not your fault sweetheart". Louis answered while running his hands up and down Harry's back. "How about we go to bed and cuddle, and then we can talk more about this and the future tomorrow? Would that be ok?" "Yeah, i would love that right now, Thank you" Harry Said as Louis picked him up and carried him to bed.

The next day Harry woke up to the smell of breakfast just as Louis walked in with a tray full of food and two cups of tea. "Smells good" Harry said with a small smile and Louis put it down on the side of the bed before he pecked Harry's lips. "Goodmorning sweetheart. Feeling better?" He asked as he handed Harry his plate with food on it. "Yes, thank you" "ready to talk about it?" He gently asked, and Harry took a deep breath. "As ready as I'll ever be i think." "What exactly happened last night after I left?" Harry told him all about the previous night. "So let me see if I got this right. You panicked when you thought the test might be positive, and then broke down when it wasn't? Is that true?" "Yeah, i guess so..." Harry whispered embarrassed by his reaction. "Haz. I don't care what anybody thinks. I love you and you ARE my forever. It wasn't our time to have pups, but when it'something we are ready for, it will happen! I want nothing more than to have pups with you and be a family, but I can wait. We have our whole lives ahead of us, so there's no rush. Personally I think I would prefer that our pups were made out of love and not by mistake. I want to have you to myself a little while longer before i have to share you with little ones." Louis smiled fondly at the thought and kissed Harry on the tip of his nose. "Do you really mean that?" "You know I do. I love you Haz, always mine and always yours." "Thank you Lou. I'm so grateful that you feel the same way about this. I want your pups, more than I thought, but I'm okay with waiting a little while before we have them". Harry gave Louis a hug and sniffed him before they finished off their breakfast and got ready for the day.

A couple of days later Louis came into Harry's office and was met with a very frustrated fiancé because, once again, someone didn't believe that an omega could do the job and refused to listen to Harry's ideas. It had happened more and more since the reveal, and Harry had been close to quitting more than once. "Baby, what would you say to a different position in the company? You know I don't like to be away from you and I really need you as my right hand to run over things with me. You're more qualified to help me run this firm then some of the alphas currently in the management group, so I would love for you to think about accepting a position as either my personal assistent or maybe even as a vice president in Tomlinson Inc...not because you're my mate, but because you can do the job better than any of them, regardless of yours or theirs second gender. I know it's a lot but I would love to have you close by and to help me at work as well as at home, as my equal. One day this company will legally be as much yours as mine, and hopefully we get to pass it on to our kids, so it only seems fair that you also get a say in how to run it. Just think about it, okay?" Louis asked Harry as he had stopped rambling about the stupid alpha who had shot down his project once more with no other reason then the fact that he was an omega and therefore unable to think independently. Harry knew Louis was sincere in his proposition, but it could easily be interpreted as a bonus for sleeping with the CEO, and Harry didn't like that view one bit, and Louis knew it. He sighed as he looked at his alpha and smiled as Louis wrapped his arms around his waist and hugged him while kissing his nose and cheeks. "Okay, okay, I'll think about it, but I wouldn't want it just because I'm sleeping with you and it would seem that way, even if I know you actually believe that I can do the job." "I don't just believe it, I know you can Haz! How about this: you start as my personnal assistent, is a part of every meeting, project and so on, and in a few years you can move up the ladder? Just like everyone else who have proved that they can do it. That way it can't be interpreted as a favour to you and you will be an even bigger part of changing the way we view the second genders? An omega, just as powerful as his alpha." Harry thought about it for a minute. It would relieve a lot of pressure and minimize the talking, and he would get to spent his days working with Louis. "I think that would be a perfect solution actually. That way we can have pups before I take on a bigger part and we can balance it out and help each other at work as well as at home." Louis smiled fondly at Harry and couldn't resist plantning a longing kiss on his lips. "I would love that more than anything!" He whispered before kissing him again. They both smiled and got lost in the feeling of their lips and tongues playing with each other in a heated makeout session.