8. On another note

"The sniffing is only supposed to happen between perfect mates according to the stories. On another note, and I'm sorry I didn't think about this sooner, please don't get mad at me" "I could never!" Louis exclaimed as he seemed to catch up with the conversation. "If you're the reason my suppressants stopped working so my heat returned, they might have stopped working all together and..." Harry suddenly got nervous and trailed off. He couldn't say it, what if it freaked Louis out and he didn't want him as anything more than a fling? What if it was too soon and it would destroy them. He should have just waited until he knew if anything had actually happened or not, but it was too late now. Harry closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Louis ran his hand through Harry's hair and when the omega opened his eyes, the alpha was looking straight at him with a mix between a frown and a small smile. "And we weren't exactly careful this weekend? Is that what you're trying to say?" "Yeah. Sorry I didn't think about it sooner." Harry gulped as he looked down at his hands and fiddled with the bottom of his shirt. A moment passed and Louis softly grabbed one of Harry's hands as he once again played with his curls. "I know that it's soon and probably irresponsible but the thought of you carrying my pup doesn't scare me." He said seriously as he looked at their hands and stroked his knuckles. "It will happen eventually, and it would just be a head start I suppose. I don't know why but being with you is different than anything I've ever experienced before. It's not just a question of want, but a pure need. I didn't know about the sniffing part, but I have heard about the perfect mate and how it's so rare that it's almost only an old tale. I think we're the one couple in a million. It just feels so right and natural that it's not a question if we belong together or not. At least not on my part." He said it so calmly that Harry could hardly believe the words coming out of his mouth. He felt the same?! His heart started beating so fast and he quickly sat up and looked him in the eyes. He smiled even wider at Harry and cupped his chin before he leaned in and gave him a soft lingering kiss. Harry sighed into it and felt at ease and completely safe. None of their situation was normal, it was all happening so quickly, but they couldn't care less. It felt right and they had never wanted anything as much as the man in front of them. Not just the physical part, but their souls too, which was connected to each other, and both of them knew that they were meant to be together all along. There were no doubt and no hesitation as Harry put his hands around Louis's neck and pulled himself on to his lap. Louis's hands came around his back and slowly ran up and down, causing goose bumps to erupt all over his skin and Harry sighed contently. They pulled apart and Harry hid his face in the crook of Louis's neck and inhaled his smell. Louis did the same with Harry and they just sat there, completely blissed and content.

The rest of the week they spend together as much as possible. At work Louis would come by Harry's office a couple of times, and they always ate lunch together with Sarah. She was still surprised by the sheer connection between them but had instantly accepted the new member to her friendship with Harry. Louis just fitted in with them and could always make her laugh and joke around like he had been a part of their department always. One day when Louis had just left, Liam came by and wanted a word with Harry, which made the younger one slightly nervous. "Don't be scared Harry" Liam chuckled. "I don't mean any harm; I was just wondering how things went with Louis last week? I haven't spoken to him since..." Harry looked surprised at him and let out a sigh along with ruffling his hair and then grinned at him. "It went really well actually, but why haven't you spoken to him? I thought you guys were friends?" Harry asked in wonder. "We are. I have just been on a trip with the company and haven't seen him since I returned. What's with the grin mister?! Spill!" Harry laughed and could feel himself get warm as he thought of Louis and their amazing nights in his house. Harry hadn't been to his own flat since Monday, and it was the best feeling ever to fall asleep next to Louis, pretty much always with his knot inside, wrapped in a condom which they had agreed upon until Harry could start birth control, if he wasn't already pregnant. "He's amazing Liam. It's just so...like..." Harry couldn't stop his smile and blush, and Liam just laughed at him and winked. "That good? Who would have thought...I'm really happy for you Harry. Just promise me that you will look after him? It's not an easy life being him, as I'm sure you are aware by now. Please don't hurt him, he wouldn't take it very well." Liam finished with a worried look down on his hands. Harry leaned forward and gently touched his hands and gave them a squeeze. "I would never do anything to hurt him Liam, he means everything to me, and I can't live without him anymore. It's insane how right this feels, and I hope he knows that, and trust me enough to let me a part of his life forever." Harry closed his eyes and send a silent prayer to a higher power, that he was right. "I do" Louis appeared in the doorway and locked eyes with Harry the second he looked in his direction. "Hello Liam, hope you had a nice trip. Can we get a quick moment alone please? And then you could come over to my place for dinner and we will fill you in?" Louis asked the other alpha, and Liam chuckled quietly before agreeing. "See you at 6 Mr. L" he grinned and winked at both before leaving. Not that any of them really noticed. Louis locked the door after Liam left and made his way over to Harry.

"You do?" Harry managed to ask with almost a whisper. "I do" Louis repeated. "You mean everything to me too, and I have never felt so safe as I do with you. I'm just Lou to you, and that's all I ever want to be. Move in with me baby? I never want to sleep alone again, I need to keep you safe, right here beside me always." The sincerity in Louis' voice had tears escaping Harry's eyes as he rushed into his boyfriends' arms and buried his face in his neck. "Yes, oh god yes Lou! I would love to." Harry hugged him tight and if they shared a heated make out session before returning to work, nobody would know. That night they told Liam everything and after he had left, Louis walked to the kitchen and just stood in the door and watched Harry cleaning up the kitchen. "I could get used to this sight every night" He exclaimed as he leaned against the doorframe. Harry gave him a small smile while wiping the counter "You better if I'm gonna be living here you know" Harry teased. "Is that so? What else do I have to get used to?" "Well, I do like to sing around the house, maybe do a bit of redecorating so my stuff can fit in, and you'll have to share your bed and bathroom with me...hope that's not too much to ask?" "Share a bed...hmm...I don't know if I can do that, but I'll certainly give it a try if it means always being around you" Louis teased him back and opened his arms when Harry walked towards him, just to put them around his waist and pull him flush up to his own body. He started to slowly kiss Harry's neck and made his way downwards while opening his shirt, just so he could kiss and tease Harry's already hard nipples. His hands came down to cup Harry ass and he gave it a squeeze while he kissed further down and across the soft skin of Harry's abs. Harry grapped Louis' hair while he moaned and Louis could probably smell that he started to produce slick. He let out a small growl and looked up to make eye contact. He opened up Harry's jeans and Harry had to close his eyes and let his head fall back when Louis cupped him through his boxers. "God, you're gorgeous sweetheart" Louis said and Harry just moaned as Louis released him from the last layer of clothing and took a hold of his hard member. Louis softly kissed the top of it and licked down the shaft before he took him in his mouth and started to bop his head. Harry felt like heaven had opened up, and looked down on the angel kneeling before him. He was so far gone for this man, that nothing could make him stop, and the feeling of his hollowed cheeks and the way he let a deep growl vibrate around him, was almost enough to push him over the edge. Harry had to steady himself against the doorframe, still with one hand in Louis' hair and he had never felt more alive. "Fuck, that feels so good Lou...I'm so close...Fuuuuuck..." Louis speeded up his movements and when he let a finger press between Harry's cheeks and run across his hole, Harry lost it and came down his throat with a loud and almost pornographic moan of his name.