Avery

THE NEXT HEROES: APOLLO'S UNDOING

AVERY

AVERY TURNED AROUND, only to find a girl in a purple and white cheerleading outfit. She had strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes- she saw a donkey leg next to a human leg.

"You're an emposusa," Avery stuttered. Her mother had told her about these types of monsters; she talked about one named Kelli specifically.

"Duh," the monster replied. "And you're the daughter of Annabeth and Percy!"

"No, I'm the daughter of grass and flowers," Avery sarcastically retorted.

"No need to be sarcastic with me, Jackson," she scoffed.

"But there's every right for me to be, in my opinion."

Kelli prepared herself to lunge at Avery; Avery took out her knife from her bag.

She side stepped Kelli's lunge, and she crept behind her.

"You know, that cheerleader uniform? Lovely!" Avery sarcastically told Kelli.

"Thanks," Kelli said, not detecting the sarcasm that was dripping from her opponents voice.

"I really love the sequins!"

"Sequins?"

"Yeah, right there," Avery said putting her hand on the back of her uniform.

"They must have updated it! I hope the next one has-"

Kelli never got to finished her sentence, because Avery stabbed her right where she said that the sequin was located at. There was no sequin.

Kelli disintegrated.

Hannah had woken up, her eyes wide. Blake's eyes were wide as well.

"That was amazing!" Hannah exclaimed.

Avery shrugged in reply; she didn't think that it was anything special. It was just something she came up with at the top of her head.

"Not really, but we should probably get out of here."

"You're right. Get your stuff, and we will go down to the front desk. I'll use charm speak and say that there were bed bugs and that we aren't paying."

"Where are we, anyway?" Blake asked Avery.

"Indiana. I think we are in Indianapolis."

As the trio gathered up all of there stuff, they began to put on their shoes. Heading out the door, Avery told the other two why the plane crashed.

"I knew it was a bad idea to fly... Zeus didn't like me being up there, since my grandfather is Poseidon. Sorry, guys."

"No problem. Now, you two go outside and figure out a ride. I'll handle this."

"Why can't I come?" Blake asked Hannah.

Avery rolled her eyes at the boy. "Whenever you're nervous and you're in the process of lying, your hair catches in on fire."

Dragging Blake outside of the motel, Avery waved to Hannah to charm speak.

Once outside, Avery told Blake, "Welcome to Indianapolis. Now, do you know how to drive?"