Childhood Ruined

TW// mentions of Miscarriage, sexual assault, and childhood abuse

"okay, okay! Just breathe." Lukas panicked while sitting Max down on her bed. He kneeled in front of her and grabbed her arms. "Just calm down okay, we're going to figure this out."

Max was crying hysterically, not able to comprehend anything Lukas said clearly.

"Max, it's going to be okay." Lukas repeated and gripped her arms tighter. His soul was lit on fire with hers. They'd never fully forget about this. "First of all, you're pregnant?!"

"I don't know!" Max shouted before coughing on her tears. "I didn't let them check, I was too scared!"

"Shit!" Lukas tried to let her go, but she was as flimsy as a inflatable man outside of a car dealership. "Max, are you sure it's a miscarriage?"

"I don't know, dammit!" Max knew nothing but fear.

"You need to go to the hospital. I'll get your mom, just keep breathing." Lukas moved her so she was laying on the bed. She was practically a ragdoll.

Lukas ran to the door and opened it, only to find Billy listening on the other side. Billy wasted no time grabbing Lukas and pinning him against the wall. "SINCLAIR! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO MY SISTER?"

Lukas desperately tried to escape his grasp. "Nothing! Nothing! Let me- let me go!" Billy was not gentle at all. "Somethings wrong with her!"

Billy looked in the room, seeing Max melting into hysteria on her bed. He dropped Lukas and entered the room. "You better not of tried anything Sinclair, you sick freak."

"I wouldn't hurt her!" Lukas defended himself. "It's...it's about what your dad did, she..." Lukas found it hard to say it too, they were just kids. "She..."

"Spit it out!" Billy demanded while kneeling by Max. "Max, what did the freak do to you?"

"Miscarriage." Lukas could only say the word, he couldn't even form a sentence around it. "She thinks..."

Billy's eyes gleamed with craziness. "A...WHAT? There's no way in hell Sinclair, my dad isn't that evil!"

"He is!" Lukas snapped. "Stop being a massive douche, and help her! She needs to see a doctor!"

-

Lukas thought anything was technically possible, but he couldn't understand how he ended up in the ER waiting room with Billy Hargrove. He kept trying to pinch himself awake from the nightmare, but it didn't work. He was really there, hell on earth.

"She's probably on her period, being dramatic because she wants extra attention." Billy said in a snobby tone and picked up a bikini magazine that was sitting on the rack.

"Are you kidding me? I've been around Max on her period. She might take some Advil, but other than that she doesn't react much." Lukas was bouncing his left leg up and down, trying to temporarily forget about the crisis that was happening.

"She's having a damn panic attack because she's paranoid." Billy spat out, wanting to hold onto a sliver of hope. The hope that maybe his father wasn't a complete monster, but he definitely was a monster.

"Seriously? She was clutching her stomach and sobbing the entire drive here, that's not normal!" Lukas argued, recalling how much pain Max was in on the drive to the hospital.

"Sinclair, my father wouldn't take it that far. Unless you want to confess right now, there's no way Max was ever pregnant." Billy felt sick just saying that. As much as he hated his step-sister, he felt anxiety at the thought of Neil doing that to her.