33. Deep Breath

Reed

When will you see them again?" I asked her as I held her close to me.

"Tomorrow, for lunch."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I swipe my thumb over her bottom lip, fighting the urge to kiss her. It's not that I'm uncaring of her situation, she's just so kissable, and I want to make her feel better in any way I can.

"Not anymore, not tonight." She sighed.

"Ok. So for now, right now. You're here with me; take a deep breath." I took a deep breath, watching for her to do the same. "Let it out and let it go, just for tonight."

Eden smiles at me, a twinkle in her eyes, and she leans up and kisses me. Her lips against mine melt away any stress I'm feeling, and I hope it does the same for her. It doesn't take long for our kiss to become heated. Her hands are sliding up my chest, into my hair, tugging me closer to her. She's practically sucking my face off. I can't deny I'm a little taken back by her, and sadly I know she's attempting a distraction. Before I can break us apart, Brynn does the honor by barging in on us.

"Oh shit, sorry. Sorry, Jesus. Good for you! But, yeah.. sorry." She mumbles, covering her eyes but not moving an inch.

"It's ok." Eden laughs, detaching herself from my lips.

"We were going to order some food; I wanted to see if you guys wanted anything?" She asks.

"That sounds great. I'm starving, and I know you should eat." I tell Eden. We both hop up and follow Brynn into the dining room area. Tate is flipping through a stack of take-out menus, almost like he's studying for an exam. "Too many choices?" I laugh.

"I'm so hungry, man; I'd eat anything about now." He grumbles.

"I'm sorry, guys, my crazy afternoon has caused grief for all of you." Eden frowns; I quickly give her a peck on the cheek and hold her to me.

"We're all just fine, a little hangry but fine."

Surprisingly it doesn't take long for us all to agree on a restaurant, and we place what Brynn calls a 'disgustingly large' order of food. I can't help that I eat an insane amount of calories daily. Tate says he's just a pig. We all sit around the living room eating after the food arrives, and I have to say, I'm enjoying Tate and Brynn's friendship more than I imagined.

"When's your next game?" Tate asks in between bites of his spring roll.

"Day after next. We're home for two games, then on the road for the next three games after that." I reply, finishing up my rice, shrimp, and chicken.

"Should we wear like your jersey and paint our faces?" Brynn teases.

"You should wear Bennett's." I laugh. "He pays more attention to the crowd than I usually do. He's in a slump right now and could use the pep section."

"What's wrong with Bennett?" Eden asks.

"Well, I mean, I guess nothing is wrong." I grab another container of rice. "He just got a dose of his own medicine," I tell them about his date leaving him for a change, and Brynn gets a good laugh from it. Tate shakes his head.

"Gemma was drooling over him the last time he came in the coffee shop. I had to wipe it from her face practically." Eden admits with a giggle. I can't help myself from leaning over and grabbing a quick peck on her soy sauce-covered lips.

"We should set them up!" Brynn cries out excitedly.

"Bennett isn't a settle down, relationship kind of guy," I answer. "At least he hasn't been in the years I've known him."

"What about Hugh?" She asks, clearly thinking about matchmaking for their friend Gemma.

"Stop," Tate warns her. "You meddled enough, and look at the mess that caused." He motions toward me.

"Hey! She looks very happy." Brynn defends with a smirk. She's right; Eden has the sweetest smile as she snuggles up to me, finishing her food. "You're the one who really screwed up if you want to get into it." She huffs.

I love how they banter and how comfortable they've made me feel. While the girls were cleaning up the food, after rejecting our offer to help, Tate and I sat on the sofas just talking.

"I've been thinking about this for a little while now, but I've wanted to get my own apartment. I love the guys, but I can't take the constant parade of ladies coming in and out, and that was before I met Eden. I definitely don't want part of that now. I need you to help me find a good place." I spoke to Tate. After two interruptions by our friends, I'd say it's time to act on my plans to get out on my own.

"Of course. I can make up a list and send it to you; then, we can visit whichever out of them you'd like." Tate sat back, arm draped over the sofa, leg crossed over his knee. "Is price a concern?"

"Is price a concern for what?" Brynn asked, sashaying back into the room, plopping down right onto Tate's lap. "I'd say it's way too early for engagement rings." She teased. I could feel my face getting hot. Not that I was opposed to an engagement or marriage, eventually. It just wasn't a topic I wanted to delve into right now.

"Please quit torturing him," Eden spoke, standing next to the sofa. "Wanna come lay with me?" She asked.

"Should we leave?" Tate raised a brow at Brynn.

"Yes! I almost already saw something." She groaned.

"You did not!" Eden cried out!

"Let's let these two lovebirds have some fun." Tate waggled his eyebrows with a laugh.

"If I didn't love you so much, I'd hate you both right now." Eden pushed at Brynn, who was hugging her.

"Let me grab my bag, and we can go, babe!" Brynn sang, rushing down the hallway. "I will meet you at your office for lunch tomorrow; I'll be there, promise." She spoke to Eden, who simply nodded.

In a whirlwind, they were both up and out the door, leaving Eden and me alone, in silence.

"I'm sorry, it's been so hectic. I haven't even asked you how your day has been." Eden spoke as she came around the sofa, sitting next to me.

"Don't apologize." I reached for her hand, holding it in mine. The way my body reacted to hers was insane. I'd never in my life felt such a spark with every touch. "I had a fine day, even better now that I'm with you. Even though it is almost over." I laughed.

"Thank you for waiting here for me. It was nice having you here." She smiled.

"Yea? You like me, eh?" I teased, leaning toward her, feathering kisses along her neck and cheek.

"I do, very much so," Eden confessed before I captured her lips. "I suppose." Kiss "Since you let me sleep in your bed." Kiss "Maybe tonight; I should let you try out mine?" Kiss.

"I would love nothing more. We can snuggle, cuddle, kiss, sleep, whatever you wish. If you happen to want all of this," I motioned up and down my body. "Well, I can make that happen too." I gave her a crooked smile, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

"You're pretty perfect, Mr. Sawyer." She leaned back, entangling our hands.

"Oooh, are we going to role play?" I waggled my eyebrows. She burst out laughing as I did the same. Hearing her laugh warmed my heart, knowing I could distract her from the stress and worry with her parents. If nothing else, at least tonight, I could let her relax and have some peace.