Snow day

You've been living with Brutus and his master for almost a year, and you've got to know lots of the neighborhood dogs like Lola, wrinkles, Hugo, and some others that moved here like the German Shepherd Stella and the Belgian shepherd, dexter.

Your friendship with Stella is...well, complicated, you tolerate her to some extent and you give her the mutual respect you always give to any other dog, and so does she, but she finds ways to bother you in any way she can because you're mated with Brutus and the strong scent you were giving off from the first mating season concluded that you've mated with him, making her all the more irritated.

You yawn as you woke up, noticing Brutus's big paws wrapped around you, pixie sleeping peacefully in her cat tree, all snuggled up in her blankets like you, you move slightly to get out of the crate, and his grip tightens as low growl comes out from him, you shift your head slightly to look at him, seeing his gray eye looking at you with kindness and love that you find it hard to look away.

You knew that he can't properly see from his scared eye but every time he looks at you from his scared eye it makes you wonder how he can make his eyes all the more mesmerizing.

He closes his eye when you stopped moving but opened them when he realized that you are awake, meaning that you'd always play your silly little game of him falling asleep again and you slipping out, making his half-asleep figure walk around the house looking for you, and once he finds you he drags you back to the bed to get some more needed sleep.

"Love, I swear if you slip out like always I will hunt you down and mark you"

Brutus says lowly and you blush slightly before smirking.

"Pfft, now that sounds tempting, plus I'm not in heat so you can't mate with me," you say and he chuckles, opening his gray eye.

"Who said anything about heat? far as I know I can still mate with you, just not get a knot after, like when you are in heat, my love"

Brutus explains all the while smirking back at you and you give him a genuine smile, the smile that makes his heart melt with happiness as you nod, your smile never leaving.

"Okay, then 30 minutes of sleep then I'm going outside, want to enjoy the snow here, okay?"

He only gives out a huff in response and you smile and lay your head down as he snuggles up to you, the blankets on top of you moving with you.

~~~~

You yawn as you woke up, Brutus soft snores are the only thing you hear as you stand up, the tags on your neck clinking softly from the movement.

You stretch as you walk out of the kennel, giving out a soft sigh as you walk to the door, nudging it open and walking to the kitchen, seeing your raw breakfast made your stomach rumble.

You lick your lips as you finish your meal, and you back up to a furred board chest, you catch Brutus' calm brown gaze next to you, and he gives you a small kiss on the base of your neck, sighing softly as he places his head on top of yours when he spoke, his voice is soft and nearly a whisper.

"You going' to your pack today? Or spending the day here?"

You sigh, thinking it through, spending time with the family sounds nice but you also had a pack that you still take care of, but you smile when you remember what silver said to you the other day, about that you can stay with your family the whole winter since you've been putting a lot of work towards the pack, even if you didn't spend most of your time with the pack.

You smile and close your eyes, leaning back slightly on Brutus' chest, he smiles at the gesture, smiling from ear to ear when you look at him, when you speak, your voice is soft and pleased, happy with the calm atmosphere.